Viz Comic Page 11

Quote: Ben @ January 13 2011, 11:16 PM BST

I bought The Council Gritter annual a few months back. Working my way through it here and there - some funny stuff. I think Viz is still at it's funniest when you read it as a schoolboy though.

I can't relate to that because I've never been a schoolboy since Viz has been around but I do love it.

Quote: Deferenz @ March 30 2011, 2:48 AM BST

I have a collection of magazines which I keep under the bed. I think my oldest one is from 1989 and I think I collected them until about 1999. If it wasn't for the fact that it is 2.50am and my wife is fast asleep I'd dive under the bed right now and start reading through them.

This thread is about Viz.

Quote: Chappers @ March 31 2011, 12:55 AM BST

This thread is about Viz.

Ha, ha. I did actually think about such a statement being made after I wrote that bit of my paragraph. Of course I realise the thread is about Viz, and it it is of course a collection of Viz magazines I keep under the bed. I keep them next to my collection of 'Street Whore Monthly' and 'Strap-on Nun Fun' magazines.

Def.

Quote: Deferenz @ March 31 2011, 8:08 AM BST

'Strap-on Nun Fun' magazines.

Oooh I've always wanted a strap-on nun.

I think the biggest laugh I ever got out of Viz was while reading in the bath (surprised I didn't drown, I was so helpless with laughter). The strip was called Bang Goes The Knighthood, a farcical piece about Donald Sinden who ends up on stage at the London Palladium, in front of the Queen, dressed in a Nazi uniform with his feet stuck in a bucket of pig shit, desperately trying to wank a wasp out of his penis. It was one of those moments where you're laughing so hard that you're actually begging for release before you expire :)

UPDATE: Oh my God I found it http://www.viz.co.uk/free-comics/classic-strips/donald-sinden-knighthood

And another classic "We've Got A Puritan" http://www.viz.co.uk/free-comics/classic-strips/weve-got-a-puritan

I just dug out the old collection and I have from issue 38 through to issue 103. Sadly there is the odd missing issue here and there but I mostly have the entire set from this time period.

Edit: since reading this thread I have become a born again Viz fan. I have purchased issues 23 to 37 on ye olde eBay. They have arrived and are in very good condition. Issue 23 was from, like 1987 - I am such a happy nerd geek!

I realise that no one needs to know this but it was a nice nostalgic trip to have a glance through them.

Def.

Quote: Deferenz @ March 31 2011, 7:06 PM BST

I just dug out the old collection and I have from issue 38 through to issue 103. Sadly there is the odd missing issue here and there but I mostly have the entire set from this time period.

I realise that no one needs to know this but it was a nice nostalgic trip to have a glance through them.

Def.

You're talking about Viz I assume.

Quote: Chappers @ April 1 2011, 5:48 PM BST

You're talking about Viz I assume.

I apologise for the confusion. I actually meant Strap-on Nun Fun.

Def.

Quote: Lee Henman @ March 31 2011, 10:13 AM BST

I think the biggest laugh I ever got out of Viz was while reading in the bath (surprised I didn't drown, I was so helpless with laughter). The strip was called Bang Goes The Knighthood, a farcical piece about Donald Sinden who ends up on stage at the London Palladium, in front of the Queen, dressed in a Nazi uniform with his feet stuck in a bucket of pig shit, desperately trying to wank a wasp out of his penis. It was one of those moments where you're laughing so hard that you're actually begging for release before you expire :)

UPDATE: Oh my God I found it http://www.viz.co.uk/free-comics/classic-strips/donald-sinden-knighthood

One of my all-time favourites too! Well posted Lee. I love it all but especially the threat of the bee establishing a hive in his knackers. Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

seem to recall Mickey and his monkey spunk moped was quite a hoot!

Not to mention Tommy and his Magic Arse, which is another contender (with Knighthood) for my favourite. Sadly it seemed to cause Chris Donald nothing but grief, according to his excellent autobiography Rude Kids. Big shame.

yes I'd pay to see Tommy's magic bottom tom foolery again.

Quote: Badge @ April 3 2011, 9:58 PM BST

Chris Donald ... his excellent autobiography Rude Kids.

So good I read it twice. Has anyone read the one by his brother, Simon Donald, Him Off the Viz, I think it's called. Unbelievably, Rude Kids was not stocked in Australian bookstores. I had to get a friend to bring me a copy over and will likely have to do the same with Him Off the Viz.

Quote: Badge @ April 3 2011, 9:58 PM BST

Not to mention Tommy and his Magic Arse, which is another contender (with Knighthood) for my favourite. Sadly it seemed to cause Chris Donald nothing but grief, according to his excellent autobiography Rude Kids.

How so?

He thought everyone hated it and it never appeared again.

Quote: Badge @ April 4 2011, 11:35 AM BST

He thought everyone hated it and it never appeared again.

Ah right. Tommy was great though. There've been quite a few brief appearances that could've ran and ran. Like Shitty Dick for instance. Remember him? The guy that couldn't help doing huge steaming poos in front of vicars? It was pretty gross but made me squeal laughing.

I was just doing a bit of reading on Viz and was floored to read that one of my favourite characters 8 Ace has been in since 1988!!! I always see him as a relatively-new character. Well I never.