Being Human Page 20

Quote: KLRiley @ March 15 2011, 12:30 PM GMT

Said werewolf was waving a rather large stake about and had just dispatched the two henchpires. I think even Herrick would be allowed a small wobble at that point.

He's supposed to be a bad ass, powerful vamp, one Mitchell was scared about in series one, and should be able to dispatch what amounts to a very pissed off human with a stick.

Quote: chipolata @ March 15 2011, 12:34 PM GMT

They did seem to make up the rules of werewolves, ghosts and vamps as they went along at times.

Yeah, sometimes they could tear through whole trains full of people, other times they fall over scared when one human trots over!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 15 2011, 1:37 PM GMT

Yeah, sometimes they could tear through whole trains full of people

I understand why we never see a vampire taking out a room or train full of people (it would look pretty naff unless you had a massive Bourne-sized budget to choreograph or CGI everything), but it is sometimes frustrating just having to take it as read that vampires are these lethal killing machines.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 15 2011, 1:37 PM GMT

He's supposed to be a bad ass, powerful vamp, one Mitchell was scared about in series one, and should be able to dispatch what amounts to a very pissed off human with a stick.

I can't remember the sequence of events that well, but wasn't he at that point still pretty shell-shocked from finally learning who and what he is? He certainly wasn't full-strength, mentally or physically.

Quote: chipolata @ March 15 2011, 6:55 PM GMT

I can't remember the sequence of events that well, but wasn't he at that point still pretty shell-shocked from finally learning who and what he is? He certainly wasn't full-strength, mentally or physically.

He didn't seem shell shocked, he seemed all slick and confident again. I suppose the series has often been vague as to the nature of the Vampires abilities, or swung one way or another as it pleased. At times it was inferred they were strong killers, able to dispatch many people at a time with ease; at other times a single person could deck them. I suppose the Herrick situation is the only time where it properly bothered me, though; just because it undermined the threat he's supposed to pose.

I hope this Becoming Human gets a full series. Although I'd make each episode thirty minutes.

Quote: chipolata @ March 20 2011, 9:06 PM GMT

I hope this Becoming Human gets a full series. Although I'd make each episode thirty minutes.

Actually I've changed my mind. It wouldn't work as a full series. It's dragging.

Ha. I'm watching it now. I wouldn't mind some more episodes.
The vampire does do a few too many Ricky Gervais impressions, but it's quite sweet.
Also weird that I haven't seen one actual werewolf or vampire scene so far, or anything particularly ghosty.

*edit*
Ah, there's a bit.

Quote: zooo @ March 22 2011, 12:09 AM GMT

Ha. I'm watching it now. I wouldn't mind some more episodes. The vampire does do a few too many Ricky Gervais impressions, but it's quite sweet. Also weird that I haven't seen one actual werewolf or vampire scene so far, or anything particularly ghosty. *edit* Ah, there's a bit.

Probably it was done on a shoestring so they couldn't have many effects.

Yeah, even the changing into the wolf was just a load of screaming, jerking about and quick cuts.

Quote: Nil Putters @ March 22 2011, 9:17 AM GMT

just a load of screaming, jerking about and quick cuts.

Shouldn't this go in the "What do you think Aaron and Zooo's sex life is like" thread?

:D

I was reading an interview with the writer today and he was saying how well the US version has gone down in terms of reviews and ratings.

Quote: chipolata @ March 22 2011, 9:35 AM GMT

I was reading an interview with the writer today and he was saying how well the US version has gone down in terms of reviews and ratings.

It's already had a second series confirmed.

Ironically the leaner 40 minute US running time is probably better than the clunkier 60 minute UK running time. There was some definite plodding in our version.

Adam will be back for series 4
I can't see that it contains any spoilers.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 1 2011, 8:59 AM BST

I wish he'd do something with his hair.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s116/being-human/news/a350519/russell-tovey-quits-being-human.html

I imagine he'll leave at the end of the next series to be shown. :(