Comedy-dramas...? Page 2

Doctor Who qualifies in that sometimes the comedy often works better than the drama.

Budgie?

Full Stretch

And there was a cracking one about 10-15 years ago called Born to Run (or something similar)

Quote: Blenkinsop @ March 20 2011, 8:56 PM GMT

Budgie?

Full Stretch

And there was a cracking one about 10-15 years ago called Born to Run (or something similar)

Did that have Phil's girlfriend from Eastenders?

Quote: Chappers @ March 20 2011, 8:57 PM GMT

Did that have Phil's girlfriend from Eastenders?

(Which show do you mean?) Mind, whichever one I don't actually know who is Phil girlfriend. I can't take the misery of Eastenders. I'd sooner gouge my eyes out than watch it. :D

What about Pie in the Sky with Richard Griffiths? I used to love that

Moonlighting, Ally McBeal ?

Someone's said Budgie and Auf Wei...etc and Jonathan Creek, all excellent examples of this great genre. Private Schultz was good, but technically it's a serial, as were the excellent Sharpe adaptions, Blott On The Landscape and Porterhouse Blue, although all three were of standard series length, I believe.

I'll add Tutti Fruti, A Peculiar Practice, Shine On Harvey Moon, and my own favourite, the brilliant Lovejoy.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ March 20 2011, 9:15 PM GMT

Ally McBeal ?

And the brilliant Boston Legal from the same chap.

I liked Crocodile Shoes with Jimmy Nail

Quote: zooo @ March 20 2011, 8:53 PM GMT

Yes, but you watch Glee.

Exactly.

Quote: Blenkinsop @ March 20 2011, 9:04 PM GMT

(Which show do you mean?) Mind, whichever one I don't actually know who is Phil girlfriend. I can't take the misery of Eastenders. I'd sooner gouge my eyes out than watch it. :D

Was Born to Run the one where the bloke was having an affair with a tall blonde woman and his wife decided to do a marathon?

I wouldn't really call Pie in the Sky or Jonathan Creek comedies.

The mighty Monk.

Quote: Chappers @ March 20 2011, 9:36 PM GMT

I wouldn't really call Pie in the Sky or Jonathan Creek comedies.

Nor would I, they are comedy dramas.

Wasn't a big fan or watcher of either, but wasn't Ballykissangel supposed to be a comedy drama, and the terrible Two Thousand Acres Of Sky? The latter was a complete failure at it, but from what I saw, I assumed it was trying to be, it wasn't a straight drama.

Hetty Wainthropp Investigates with the great Patricia Routledge

Quote: Chappers @ March 20 2011, 9:36 PM GMT

Was Born to Run the one where the bloke was having an affair with a tall blonde woman and his wife decided to do a marathon?

Yes that's the one. I do seem remember it had James Fleet and the "No no no" bloke out of the Vicar of Dibley who played a bit of a 'Godfather' character in it. I hoped that it would have a follow-up second series but it never did.