Comic Relief 2011 Page 5

I don't believe I said she wasn't, but it stands that there probably are hundreds who could it better, whatever it is she does.

...So?

Same thing goes for all people in all jobs.

I kind of doubt the name Eve Pollard opens that many doors in television.

...unless we're talking about the BBC, which we are. I doubt if even they can explain why they give so many jobs away to relatives and friends of celebs, even if you put an AK47 to their heads. They are completely gone on it, I doubt if we'll ever know why for certain...only that there does seem to be an extraordinary number of otherwise faceless BBC execs who are godparents to the brats of celebs, many of whom've been on telly. Hmm...

Oi Kipper, there will be no dissing of Winkleman on my shift. I love her, she's fun, silly and down to earth.

As for the nepotism, I seem to recall you fancying Syvlia Young's grandaughter. Talk about having your cake and eating it. hmmph!

Indeed I do, Madam, fancy giving her one, but I still think she only got where she did by way of her connections, and the same goes for Vinkleman, Lilly Allen, Peaches Geldoff, Sophie Ellis Baxter etc etc etc. Although Lilly Allen's a genuine talent who would probably have made it on her own anyway. Hmm, afraid I can't say that for the others.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ March 20 2011, 8:35 PM GMT

Indeed I do, Madam, fancy giving her one, but I still think she only got where she did by way of her connections, and the same goes for Vinkleman, Lilly Allen, Peaches Geldoff, Sophie Ellis Baxter etc etc etc. Although Lilly Allen's a genuine talent who would probably have made it on her own anyway. Hmm, afraid I can't say that for the others.

You're wrong about Sophie Ellis BEXTOR!

I suppose to some extent you've got wealthy parents you can spend all your time playing music rather than having to actually earn some money first. Have you heard Sophie's first band - theaudience? And of course she did the music business the greatest favour by depriving us of a Posh number 1.

And don't forget Chesney Hawkes. He's always being referred to as the son-of-Chip-Hawkes-out-of-The-Tremeloes.

You think Sophie made it as a pop star because her mum was on Blue Peter?
I don't think music producers are massively swayed by ancient kids TV, but I could be wrong...

Quote: Chappers @ March 20 2011, 8:43 PM GMT

I suppose to some extent you've got wealthy parents you can spend all your time playing music rather than having to actually earn some money first.

True.

I think the worst offender is Mark Durden Smith, and I'd love to know who Adrian Chiles is related to.

Theaudience was a great band. Very 10,000 Maniacs.

Quote: zooo @ March 20 2011, 4:26 PM GMT

Winkleman's a great presenter.

Agree. She's great on Film 2011.

I think Alan Partridge stole the show for me. The shotgun actions, hook for a hand guy puppet (sorry I forget this name) and sneezing blood on a nun. Genius.