I'm With Stupid

Following the success of the pilot last year the BBC3 sitcom I'm With Stupid which is about a homeless man who strikes up an unlikely relationship with a wheelchair user is hitting our screens for a full series shortly.

We'll be uploading a full guide soon btw.

Did anyone see the pilot last year? If so what did you think?!? I missed it so not sure what to expect of the new series. Would be interested to hear what you thought. Is it funny or a bit too PC?

Ah yes, I remember that. Wasn't too impressed, I must admit. Wasn't "too PC" from what I can recall, but I didn't find it overly funny anyway!

I'm sure that someone else will argue differently though!

I haven't seen it yet - an unusual story line though. I'll have to give it a go when it hits the TV

I haven't seen it yet - an unusual story line though. I'll have to give it a go when it hits the TV

I did watch and have a DVD recording of the pilot of I'm With Stupid and thought it was OK I’m a big fan of Mark Benton and think everything he has done is excellent and list Early Doors as one of my favourite all time shows.

Episode one is now on the BBC Three website. I just watched it, not bad, warmed up towards the end. Quite enjoyed some of the interaction - they positioned the characters well. Like Barry said above, Mark Benton is great, not sure about the wheelchair user though (Paul)... he just ended up annoying me.

What did everyone else think?

I thought it was okay, personally I don't think it's that funny but it's likeable enough. I found Paul quite annoying as well, and also that policeman (I have no idea what his name is). I would watch it again if it was on, but I wouldn't go out of my way to do so.

I was pleasantly surprised by I'm With Stupid. I missed the first episode but caught the second one the other night - it isn't exactly a laugh in your pants comedy but there were some funny moments and the relationship between Sheldon and Paul shows promise. It could have been very PC but it was refreshing to see these characters portrayed warts and all. Not sure about the character of Sergeant Swithenback though - feels a bit tacked on.

it's just not funny simple as that! ;)

Quote: Thomps74 @ September 19, 2006, 10:09 AM

Not sure about the character of Sergeant Swithenback though - feels a bit tacked on.

Yeah Steve Edge was great in Phoenix Nights and Peep Show but he just seems wasted in this as dose Mark Benton. Wave

He was class in Peep Show, if a little controversial.

"F**k off. Thought police!"

Was this released on DVD? Because I have never seen a DVD of it and wouldn't mind watching it again?

No it wasn't.