The Gig

Did my gig last night... went well, I wouldn't normally start a thread on that because it's boring.

Moving on, met Stuart Laws and Gareth (Ondupe) at The Maze in nottingham! How weird is that!

I was very impressed with them both their sets and they both got through (you don't want to know whether I got through). I didn't all though I felt I did quite well :S

Had a chat with both of them on how they're funny and how I didn't move the mic stand out of the way.

I don't know where I'm going with this so to summarise, good night weird meeting 2 people off the forum. Puts your meeting up idea to shame don't it Aaron.

Wave

Lol, cool. I often pass *through* Nottingham, I'd be quite tempted to go see one of your gigs myself.

:D

Nice one Paul. Was it the "Friendly Gong" type thing? I've got a gig booked for early next year myself, and I'm already getting a bit twitchy about it.

Was that you popping your cherry?

If it was your first time on getting up on stage, then well done! I know that I sure as hell wouldn't have the balls to ever get up on stage!

It's probably the best place to start your comedy career too.

neh like my 3rd time, it was jolly fun, had a laugh there was some real competition there.

And yes GJ very friendly crowded a bit of heckling near the end after a lot of people had a few (a few bad acts getting through).

and winterlight it's not so scarey once you get up there and start talking :P

PS - I think I still might be slightly drunk now so forgive my poor grammar and spelling...

WELL DONE THERE PAUL. WOOOOO!

I wish I could grow a pair of balls & get up there. I have no idea where to start. I am currently writing a set & may upload on youtube when it is done. Then I can stick it on the critique & you can all tell me how filthy & shit it is. You will get to see my pretty face & hear my angel voice so it will have advantages.

If they didn't start throwing tape measures at you, you did ok

Well done Paul.

It was really weird meeting people from this forum up there, esepcially as I had posted a large chunk of the set I was going to use on this very forum.

It did seem to be a bit of a "friendly gong" it was certainly a lot friendlier than I thought it was going to be and I would recommend it as a decent gig for new acts (like myself :-))

It was a bit weird in that the atomsphere by the end was completly different to the atmosphere at the beginning to a quite surreal degree but still great fun.

well done paul. i have massive respect and envy for anyone who can get up and do stand up. i am simply too terrified.

Yeah well done. It's not everyone who can perform in front of people is it.

Surely gtetting up and doing it is all good practise.

well done paul, getting some practice for the laughing horse comp are you!

Well done to the others to.

Well done Paul for keeping on with the stand up, Ive been thinking recently on giving it a go myself, but I think the idea of doing it is a lot nicer than the awful, nerve jangling reality of it! Is there enough of a scene around where you live to be able to do it regularly? I sort of get the impression that to be able to do it every week or month, and earn any money, you have to be based in London. But anyway, good luck with future gigs!

Quote: Ondupe @ December 19, 2007, 5:56 PM

It was really weird meeting people from this forum up there, esepcially as I had posted a large chunk of the set I was going to use on this very forum.

It did seem to be a bit of a "friendly gong" it was certainly a lot friendlier than I thought it was going to be and I would recommend it as a decent gig for new acts (like myself :-))

It was a bit weird in that the atomsphere by the end was completly different to the atmosphere at the beginning to a quite surreal degree but still great fun.

Everyone got really drunk near the end of the night andf I did notice a bit of heckling near the end (especially that guy who was kinda rubbish and sat near me)

Thanks for the support guys, now I've done more than two gigs I'm really liking it, it's a bit of a buzz when a crowd laughs with you and not at you.
Pleased

And you guys who feel you're too nervous to try. You shouldn't, a nice gong show (possibly outside london) would be a great way to have a go at what a lot of you do best and judging by what I read in the critque forum, I don't think you should have anything to be nervous about.

Quote: paul watson @ December 19, 2007, 9:10 PM

it's a bit of a buzz when a crowd laughs with you

That must feel amazing!

I couldn't even perform comfortably in front of two people, let alone a room of strangers.