French and Saunders Complete Boxset

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but I found out about this on the French and Saunders fan forum-

[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3566412/French-And-Saunders-Series-1-6/Product.html]

It's fantastic that this brilliant sketch show is finally getting released on DVD. It's about time they did so, what with all the Best Of's and stuff they have released.

Anyway, any thoughts on this new boxset?

Not been posted here no, but it's been up in our 'coming soon' listings for a while now.

Certainly looks intriguing, but going by the recent shows, I won't be buying it anytime soon.

See Amazon product listing

Definitely bodes well for other shows though.

I'd rather stick with a 'Best Of' boxset to be honest - that's the thing about French and Saunders, their big budget spoof sketches are absolutely brilliant but their day-to-day stuff is just shouty, over-long tedium (in my humble opinion).

Yup, it always was a show that could be hit or miss. There were moments of brilliance and moments of tedium. But I do prefer having a complete boxset of the series since that way you can pick up on brilliant moments that may have been missed off of the Best of DVD's.

It absolutely bodes well for more releases like this for other show. If French and Saunders can get a boxset like this then surely we can see full releases for shows like Not The Nine O'Clock News, The Goodies and Harry Enfield that deserve a release.

The Goodies... That'll be a while. Sigh.

Bloody Auntie. *shakes fist*

Quote: Mark @ December 10, 2007, 10:26 PM

I'd rather stick with a 'Best Of' boxset to be honest - that's the thing about French and Saunders, their big budget spoof sketches are absolutely brilliant but their day-to-day stuff is just shouty, over-long tedium (in my humble opinion).

I agree.

Is this a pair of coffins?