Alan Partridge Online Episodes - Good or Bad Idea? Page 12

I think 10-15 minute episodes are the perfect format for Alan Partridge, any more than that and it can get a bit too "cringey" (not saying the TV shows aren't brilliant but they are almost too much sometimes).

This web series, and especially the last few episodes, have been brilliant, truly exceptional comedy.

Oh no, as much as I'm enjoying these, and they are brilliant, I'd much rather another half hour episode of 'I'm Alan Partridge' or 'Knowing Me Knowing You' every week!

These are still brilliant. I DEMAND a DVD release.

Quote: shaggy292 @ March 5 2011, 1:15 PM GMT

These are still brilliant. I DEMAND a DVD release.

Yes, absolutely brilliant!

I'm sure a DVD release will come in time. Here's a quote from a Guardian interview with Henry Normal, from Baby Cow productions:

"I've had three requests from broadcasters to buy the show, and we'll pair up the internet programmes to produce six 22 minute episodes." He will then follow up efforts to sell Mid Morning Matters overseas before putting it on to DVD.

Episode 11. Just can't big these up enough. Great stuff once again. Looks like Sidekick Simon's made one quip too many. :(

https://www.comedy.co.uk/videos/2321/alan_partridges_mid_morning_matters_episode_11/

"Thank goodness, I've got a sad Arab on line 3."

My favourite jokes of the series.

"Alright, once! But that was only because I'd already commenced foreplay when I remembered I hadn't renewed my tax disc... But once I'd put a quick call into the DVLA, lovemaking could begin - in anger."

This is a superb series. :D

Is that it now? Is 11 the last one? :(

Well, there's a sneak peak of Episode 12, so I'm guessing not

Quote: Nil Putters @ March 6 2011, 12:48 PM GMT

Is that it now? Is 11 the last one? :(

One more... but that sadly then is the last (well, for now, unless - as I expect they will - they get the greenlight for more).

The 12 episodes will be edited into a 6-part TV series. A broadcaster has now apparently purchased the rights... although I've yet to manage to ascertain which channel it is.

Quote: Mark @ March 6 2011, 1:05 PM GMT

One more... but that sadly then is the last (well, for now, unless - as I expect they will - they get the greenlight for more).

The 12 episodes will be edited into a 6-part TV series. A broadcaster has now apparently purchased the rights... although I've yet to manage to ascertain which channel it is.

Hope it's Auntie. No ads in Partridge!!!

Cheers shaggy & Mark.

Quote: Mark @ March 6 2011, 1:05 PM GMT

The 12 episodes will be edited into a 6-part TV series.

That seems like it'll be a bit odd. Will sticking two episodes together really work as a full TV ep??

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 6 2011, 1:14 PM GMT

That seems like it'll be a bit odd. Will sticking two episodes together really work as a full TV ep??

Agreed. I love these to death but the full 30 mins or 26 or whatever (commercial channel) set totally in the claustrophobic studio might get a wee bit samey.

It would be nice to see some additional material in there too to break this up, but I guess that the way these have come about will mean that there isn't anything else to splice in (not unless they shoot some additional stuff prior to broadcast)

That said I'd certainly watch them anyway.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 6 2011, 1:14 PM GMT

I know what you mean. An advert break between the two is probably what's planned! (like I say, not sure what channel has got them... but 13 minutes x 2 = the commercial 26 slot quite neatly)