QI U-Turns - Moving back to BBC Two

It has been announced that QI is moving back to its original BBC Two post-watershed slot. I can't think of another show that has had a similar backtrack by a broadcaster?

Eh. It needs a rest, not a change of channel.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ March 3 2011, 3:39 PM GMT

It has been announced that QI is moving back to its original BBC Two post-watershed slot. I can't think of another show that has had a similar backtrack by a broadcaster?

Did The X-Files move to BBC1, then back to Beeb 2??

Quote: Aaron @ March 3 2011, 6:04 PM GMT

Eh. It needs a rest, not a change of channel.

How long a rest?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 3 2011, 6:17 PM GMT

Did The X-Files move to BBC1, then back to Beeb 2??

It sure did! But I think by that time everyone had given up on it!

I can't see me watching it much when it goes back over, I'll forget it's on. I always forget BBC Two even exists most of the time!

I would like to think that this is a sign that QI is going to stop dumbing down, but I suspect it is just an indication that even the current dumbed down incarnation is too smart for Danny Cohen's BBC1.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ March 3 2011, 6:22 PM GMT

How long a rest?

At least a year, maybe two. Give some new comics a chance to break through and get to a point where they might be invited on.

Quote: Aaron @ March 3 2011, 10:08 PM GMT

At least a year, maybe two. Give some new comics a chance to break through and get to a point where they might be invited on.

Well, perhaps a year might not be so bad.

I like the episode where Alan Davies interrupts a genuinely funny comedian delivering some witty pay off by talking over the top of then by repeating what they said only in a dull slurred monotone delivery without any humour wit or imagination. This might be the same episode where he derails the programme for ten minutes by badly miming something somebody else has already got a laugh from, with a stupid gurning confused agonized look on his Brian May haired, tramp biting travesty of a face like some dessicated elderly pensioner in a care home for the perpetually bewildered trying to mime to the nurse that they want a cup of decaffeinated Earl Grey with three sugars and a chocolate Hob Nob. It might also by the episode where he says 'willy' or' stick it up your arse'. Either way Alan Davies. What a great big prize winning flipping great twonk of a twat.

Disagree.

Really? Blimey. I love the show but Alan Davies shouldn't be allowed anywhere near it. He's even bad at being a comedy idiot.

I've never yet been annoyed by Alan while watching QI.

I've been annoyed by a couple of guests...

I am with Agnes on this one; I do not see for the need for someone to pretend to be thick in order to bring the show down to the producers' idea of the level of the audience. And Agnes has Alan's schtick down to a tee.

Quote: Aaron @ March 3 2011, 10:08 PM GMT

Give some new comics a chance to break through and get to a point where they might be invited on.

Why take a chance on someone new when you can get Phil Jupitus?

I think Alan is sort of leaving the idiot-stuff behind. Also, it is not that Alan is same stuff that is idiotic, he is saying what we all think is right - it just turns out that he, and indeed most people, are wrong.