Lee Mack - Going Out tour review (no spoilers) Page 3

Quote: Mike Hock @ December 19 2010, 4:10 PM GMT

Mack is shit and annoying.

Thanks for that thoughtful insight.

Today's comedian who I just love, admire and respect is Lee Mack. I could just give him a big pat on the back. He's made sitcoms fashionable again and because of that we have the wonderful Miranda Hart doing her very own show. Sounds mad but I could just give Lee and Miranda a big hug. Truly inspirational!

What is Lee like when you meet him? I'd love to meet him. I should send a fan letter to him.

Quote: Mike Hock @ December 19 2010, 4:10 PM GMT

Mack is shit and annoying.

Granted he is a Northerner.

Quote: Andy Hunter @ March 1 2011, 10:43 PM GMT

What is Lee like when you meet him? I'd love to meet him. I should send a fan letter to him.

Like most comedians he's fairly quiet off stage but he's a nice guy, he's a Blackburn Rovers fan and a decent enough footballer although he does tend to goal hang a bit.

In interviews from what I've seen Lee is like somebody you can have a laugh with at the pub. Does anyone know how I could get contact details so I could send a fan letter to him? Does Lee have an agent?

Lee's agent is Avalon.

Quote: Aaron @ March 2 2011, 5:44 PM GMT

Lee's agent is Avalon.

His agent is a production company! In the words of the Dude, I did not know that.

Well, Avalon Television is a spin-off of the original talent management business, established really just to exploit their impressive array of names.

I saw Lee Mack do stand up a few years back on the tour the live DVD comes from. I enjoyed his act but subsequently struggled to watch him in his sitcom as I feel all his lines are delivered more in the style of a stand up delivering a punchline than an actual actor. Anyone else know what I mean/feel the same way?

Quote: Aldeem @ March 2 2011, 6:45 PM GMT

I enjoyed his act but subsequently struggled to watch him in his sitcom as I feel all his lines are delivered more in the style of a stand up delivering a punchline than an actual actor. Anyone else know what I mean/feel the same way?

I do know what you mean, but I don't feel the same way. I think he's great in NGO.

Quote: Aldeem @ March 2 2011, 6:45 PM GMT

I feel all his lines are delivered more in the style of a stand up delivering a punchline than an actual actor. Anyone else know what I mean/feel the same way?

Of course we all do. But what's wrong with that?

Saw Lee Mack at the end of last year. He was excellent. So much of the show looks to be made up on the spare of the moment so knowing that it's all a very well timed and scripted show just shows how on top of his game he is at the moment.

Have to agree with earlier comments that after seeing him live on stage he's not as funny in his sitcom (but still worth a watch).

My Parents brought me a DVD of Lee's Going Live Tour as a birthday present. I loved it! I rate it 10/10.

I've watched it 10 times now. I've only had it since Wednesday just gone. I just find it very enjoyable to watch. I could just watch it for hours and hours.