Ken Dodd Page 7

Quote: bushbaby @ February 26 2011, 11:47 PM GMT

If any of the posters above are as successful or as funny as Ken Dodd, fair enough, if not shut the f**k up

So we're only allowed an opinion on what we like and don't like if we're famous and successful? Right.

Quote: Oldrocker @ February 26 2011, 11:46 PM GMT

You spotted it !

I got there a long while ago !

I just wonder how many of those commenting have actually been to see Ken Dodd live?

I doubt anyone's seen him live for years. He's a remote controlled cyborg controlled by the Inland Revenue, even in death you can not escape them.

I would like to see Ken Dodd live, but I haven't managed it yet.

I see Ken Dodd is trending.

Quote: bushbaby @ February 26 2011, 11:47 PM GMT

If any of the posters above are as successful or as funny as Ken Dodd, fair enough, if not shut the f**k up

George Bernard Shaw used to maintain that the right to criticise Shakespeare does not require the ability to write better plays. He might also have said the same of Ken Dodd and comedy. He didn't, of course, as Shaw died in 1950. But he might have.

I almost hate to intrude on your punch up, you all seem to be having such a super time! It takes me back to the Essex weddings I remember fondly as a child, and all the fun we would have at the wedding reception as the bride's father ran amok trying to punch the bridesmaids and break the face of anyone taking advantage of the free bar.

But anyway, yeah, I enjoyed the shows tonight and will attempt to see Ken Dodd this year. There I said it. Anyway as you were, there's probably some girl with mascara down her cheeks sobbing in the car park, and I bet if you check the disabled toilet the groom is probably having it away with the maid of honour.

Quote: Tim Walker @ February 27 2011, 12:07 AM GMT

George Bernard Shaw used to maintain that the right to criticise Shakespeare does not require the ability to write better plays. He might also have said the same of Ken Dodd and comedy. He didn't, of course, as Shaw died in 1950. But he might have.

Plus of course Shaw was one of the few critics who actually could turn out a decent play. Although I think his eventual position was you can either be a critic or a creator, not both.