Where did I see this sketch?

Hi,

There was a sketch show on a few years ago, on one of the commercial channels I think. One of the sketches was about a man who went on a date with a woman, but ruined it by farting at one point. He then spends years making a time machine in order to travel back to the date again and get it right this time.

I hope you can help. I've tried YouTube and can't find it on there.

Have a gut feeling it may be from Armstrong & Miller, in the days they were at C4, but am probably wrong...

Did the sketch end up with a time-travelling fart, striking out at important periods in History? Sounds like a premise with more potential for comedy than many contemporary shows and series.

The format rights to this concept are available from me at reasonable prices.

I think he just ended up revisiting the date he had, and not quite managing to control his flatulence. I think when he finally gets it right he is either very old or dead.

I can't remember anyone famous being in this particular sketch, so I'm not sure about Armstrong & Miller. I wondered if it had been part of The Sketch Show, but putting "time machine fart" into YouTube hasn't got me anywhere :-(

It wasn't Vic Reeves was it?

He did a character who farted a lot in that Monkey Trousers thing. (not the French film farters)
I don't think he did any time machine thing though.

No, it wasn't Vic. I think it was some unknown chap in his 20s.