Fast And Loose Page 11

Quote: chipolata @ February 11 2011, 10:31 PM GMT

Quite enjoyed tonight's episode. Seemed more confident and sure of itself, with a strong line-up.

Weirdly, they're not been broadcast in the order they were filmed... so it may be a case this was some confidence that they later lost. I think there was a clue last week's episode was one of the first filmed as Dennis said he didn't quite understand the 'Come Dining' round (even though we, as viewers, have already seen it before).

Having a hunt through the web I discovered this from 2008, it's the whole Sideways Scene bit done by Colin Mochrie...

http://ignitionimprov.wordpress.com/2011/02/17/and-we-thought-this-was-the-new-bit/

Wowww!

I do love Colin Mochrie.
He does an excellent dinosaur walking impression.

Quote: zooo @ February 18 2011, 12:42 PM GMT

Wowww!

I do love Colin Mochrie.
He does an excellent dinosaur walking impression.

FAVOURITE BIT EVER.

Anyway, Fast and Loose... I enjoy it even though it's very obviously scripted. Also, would be nice to see all the rounds to be original (but that seems to be hard to do nowadays).

Quote: EllieJP @ February 18 2011, 1:26 PM GMT

FAVOURITE BIT EVER.

Anyway, Fast and Loose... I enjoy it even though it's very obviously scripted. Also, would be nice to see all the rounds to be original (but that seems to be hard to do nowadays).

Bit cynical attitude. I don't think it's that obvious. Hearing early recordings of "I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue" where panellists didn't know what rounds were coming up later (they are announced earlier on in the show) and you can hear the difference in quality.

Clive Anderson's son's in it tonight.

From what I've seen tonight they're all in it.

A couple of bizarre bits (took me a while to 'get' the singing), but lots of laughs.

Quote: chipolata @ February 18 2011, 10:25 PM GMT

Clive Anderson's son's in it tonight.

Is that a joke or is it true?

Quote: Tim Azure @ February 18 2011, 3:06 PM GMT

Bit cynical attitude.

Actually tonight seemed a little more spontaneous. I still enjoy it. :)

I'm amused a show advertised as totally non scripted seems to always involve a certain performer tapping at his watch by the halfway point.

Huh?

Quote: smileham @ February 18 2011, 12:34 PM GMT

Having a hunt through the web I discovered this from 2008, it's the whole Sideways Scene bit done by Colin Mochrie...

http://ignitionimprov.wordpress.com/2011/02/17/and-we-thought-this-was-the-new-bit/

A shame but that figures. Colin is a genius, after all. Assuming that the reason they cannot use classic Whose Line games is because Hat Trick own the copyright to them, then presumably Dan Patterson must have had some involvement in creating that game to be able to use it, though?

My two most memorable Whose Line Colin bits:

Greatest Hits in which Colin Dances: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s4tMQMUy8o

Improbable Mission with "the Cat" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z86EGt3GuPw

Watching those again just makes me realize how poor Fast and Loose is in comparison. To be fair, I feel the same of early Whose Line British and US versions, which both improved greatly, so maybe it just needs time.

Greg and Justin definitely have the potential to be the next Ryan and Colin as they are far and away the best thing about the show. But, as I have said on here several times before, the biggest problem is that the current games are just too restrictive to allow anything like in those Colin clips. Too many of them leave the performers having to deliver a line or two that meets a specific setup (thing Hugh does not know, what not to say at the start of a date). Just give them a loose framework then let them make something out of it. That and fewer players.

Still David Armand gets to do his his "feel"ing breasts and "having" pelvic thrusts yet again. And again. And again.

Maybe I should just go away until series three, by which time it should have found its way, as I am already starting to find it tired.

I genuinely still really like the David Armand dance, and find it funny every week.

Am I very much one of the only ones?

Quote: zooo @ February 19 2011, 6:04 PM GMT

I genuinely still really like the David Armand dance, and find it funny every week.

Am I very much one of the only ones?

I don't mind it, but it's Julia's favourite bit.