Episodes - Series 1 Page 27

Extras is the funnier programme, but Episodes feels better. It's a nicer watch.

I don't think it's really fair to compare them though: they may inhabit roughly similar worlds (backstage TV), but the styles and humour are entirely different.

Episodes sold to 186 countries...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/news/a304146/episodes-sold-to-186-countries.html

Didn't even know there were 186 countries...

Just noticed Tamsin Greig looks like a female Matt Le Blanc. It was like she was kissing a mirror.

P.S. Extras is better by far. It's funnier and the characters are more likeable.

Quote: samcheese @ February 16 2011, 8:02 PM GMT

It's funnier and the characters are more likeable.

I'd hardly call Andy Millman "likeable". A selfish, self-pitying c**t, perhaps, but certainly not likeable.

What's happened to Daisy Haggard? Her part started small and got smaller.

Quote: Griff @ February 16 2011, 10:54 PM GMT

I don't know what I see in this show but it keeps me coming back. Bright colours maybe.

There is something oddly addictive about it.

Quote: Tim Walker @ February 16 2011, 10:44 PM GMT

I'd hardly call Andy Millman "likeable". A selfish, self-pitying c**t, perhaps, but certainly not likeable.

Yes some of the things he did were pretty awful but I always got the sense that underneath it all he was a good person. I liked him in spite of the things he had done, whereas in Episodes I find Beverly Lincoln annoying, and she has yet to say anything that shows me she isn't just a paranoid freak. Admittedly she is justified in her actions but her character isn't given enough funny lines to make me forgive her faults.

Quote: chipolata @ February 16 2011, 11:15 PM GMT

What's happened to Daisy Haggard? Her part started small and got smaller. There is something oddly addictive about it.

Probably because she seemed to have a great difficulty with the accent.

Quote: Ben700 @ February 16 2011, 7:02 PM GMT

Episodes sold to 186 countries...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/news/a304146/episodes-sold-to-186-countries.html

So's Anthrax. Doesn't mean it's a good thing!

:D

Quote: Griff @ February 16 2011, 10:54 PM GMT

I don't know what I see in this show but it keeps me coming back. Bright colours maybe.

For me it is Tamsin's clothes, I think she has had her 'colours' done.

She is wearing some lovely shades of rust and taupe!

I think that makes her Autumn.
She does look lovely though.

Good Lord, could they make Greig's character any more horrible??

Pretty funny episode in parts though; liked the fight, Manghan charging on his kness with the cactus!