How did Horrible Histories win a comedy award? Page 4

Quote: buyon ferry @ February 9 2011, 12:15 PM GMT

Watching with your kids, fine but if you watch this on your own and laugh out loud you need to expand on what comedy you watch. The songs are shockingly cringe worthy.

How does finding this funny mean you don't watch much other comedy?

And the songs are great! I have the Viking one on my iPod. :)

I can see why it's hugely popular and I can appreciate it as an adult, but deep down I know that as a kid, Horrible Histories would have had me reaching for the remote and switching over to T-Bag or Mike and Angelo within seconds.

T bag?

Oh shame that was terrible

It's only charm was it was named after a degenerate sex act

I would have liked Horrible Histories!
I did love T Bag too though.

I wish they would bring Johnny Ball back. :(

Quote: Splodge @ February 9 2011, 10:41 PM GMT

I can see why it's hugely popular and I can appreciate it as an adult, but deep down I know that as a kid, Horrible Histories would have had me reaching for the remote and switching over to T-Bag or Mike and Angelo within seconds.

The young boy in that had a hugely annoying face.

Quote: don rushmore @ February 9 2011, 11:01 PM GMT

The young boy in that had a hugely annoying face.

T-Shirt was my favourite character but the actor mainly does voiceover work now - so maybe there is something in what you say...

Quote: zooo @ February 9 2011, 10:44 PM GMT

I wish they would bring Johnny Ball back. :(

I despised Johnny Ball, sneeking education into my home time the evil bastard!...

My son is ten and he and all his mates love Horrible Histories, especially the songs.

It's funny.

I love it! Although I've not checked I'm sure I saw David Baddiel in it and the guy who plays Gerard in Peep Show?

Quote: Sound of Spinach @ February 22 2011, 12:23 AM GMT

I love it! Although I've not checked I'm sure I saw David Baddiel in it and the guy who plays Gerard in Peep Show?

It's got any number of name-comedians involved in it, both in writing and performing.

Quote: Splodge @ February 9 2011, 10:41 PM GMT

deep down I know that as a kid, Horrible Histories would have had me reaching for the remote and switching over

My kids love it.