How did Horrible Histories win a comedy award? Page 2

I think it's very good too. It's clever, has enjoyable comedy songs, educational to children without ever being patronising, and very funny.

Adult sketch shows are often dreary due to an obsession with swearing, sex, drugs and controversy.

Where as the restraints on kids shows force them to rely more on structure, writing and other good things.

An interesting dichotomy? The more adult the more childish the content.

Oh and picking on Tracy Beaker? Sniff my shitty cock.

Quote: sootyj @ February 8 2011, 5:11 PM GMT

Adult sketch shows are often dreary due to an obsession with swearing, sex, drugs and controversy.

Sniff my shitty cock.

!

I'm just a randomly rude person. I write for no one.

It deserved its award. It's very entertaining, snappy and well acted, love it.

Kids TV has always punched above its weight. The low budgets, age appropriateness etc forces a restraint that improves the product.

Grange Hill, Byker Grove, Danger Mouse et al.

Indeed, of the 2 Dr Who spinoffs The Sarah Jane Adventures is considerably better than the priapic Torchwood.

Grange Hill (in the '80s/early '90s) and Danger Mouse are awesome.

But you're wrong about Sarah Jane! Although some epsidoes are pretty good, it's ridiculous to compare them to Torchwood - especially the most recent series.

Chidren of Earth was the exception

Otherwise Sara Jane all the way. Mind you I did like the low key charms of Torchwood.

That lead kid in Sarah Jane is terrible though. Thankfully missing for a lot of the last series.

The most recent series of Sarah Jane was much better. Although I didn't see that much of it.

Horrible Histories is great. A real original show with a singular lack of the usual patronising feel of a lot of children's telly.

Sarah Jane is miles better than Torchwood....

I think we should start a petition and all announce that this show is nothing short of sensational (whether we've seen it or not) and have it delivered to buyon's door and presented in front Her Majesty's gutter press.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahyf-zCDAvE

Quote: Tuumble @ February 8 2011, 9:21 PM GMT

I think we should start a petition and all announce that this show is nothing short of sensational (whether we've seen it or not) and have it delivered to buyon's door and presented in front Her Majesty's gutter press.

Given that the show has an historical context I wonder if we should also try Buyon for treason?

Quote: name @ February 9 2011, 10:49 AM GMT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahyf-zCDAvE

Heh - another kids' show I could happily watch on my own. (And have done!). The Gonch is awesome. :D