How did Horrible Histories win a comedy award?

Think the "it's good to see a kids show break through and win it" line must have come in to it.

Does anyone above the age of 8 find this show funny?

I do.

Yes. It's VERY funny.

It's a good show and, crucially, better than most if not all of the sketch shows broadcast on 'grown up' TV recently.

It has a great cast, clever writing and you're learning history facts. What's not to love?

You may not like it, but I personaly find it to be the most well written sketch shows since Hale And Pace and Not The Nine O'Clock News style sketch shows were replaced by the Little Britan and Cathrine Tate type rubbish dominering modern sketch comedy now.

It's brilliant. End of.

Quote: His Own Devices @ February 8 2011, 4:03 PM GMT

You may not like it, but I personaly find it to be the most well written sketch shows since Hale And Pace

High praise indeed!

I love it.
It's a lot better and funnier than most current sketch shows for adults.

It's a good show.

I hope this is helping, Buyon.

Quote: Leevil @ February 8 2011, 4:03 PM GMT

It has a great cast, clever writing and you're learning history facts. What's not to love?

The jokes are broad to the point of cringe worthy and the songs are worse.

Horrible Histories = Tracy Beaker

I think you're on your own with this.

I have a mixed relationship with Horrible Histories: I love both comedy and history, but it's neither weighty enough to satisfy my history bone, nor funny enough to really make me laugh much. But it's very cleverly done, quite amusing at times, often funnier than its 'grown up' counterparts, and I do generally enjoy it, so it definitely deserves the awards it's been given.

Quote: buyon ferry @ February 8 2011, 4:26 PM GMT

Horrible Histories = Tracy Beaker

?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 8 2011, 4:35 PM GMT

?

A hugely successful series of books transformed into an equally popular and successful TV seres.

Presumably...

HH is bloody great. A well-written, well-acted sketch show that you can watch with your kids.

And as has been said before, it's consistently funnier than most adult sketch shows. Partly I think because it doesn't feel that it has to be ironic or cool or whatever - it just goes for the funnybone every time and even throws in some education with it. What's not to love? I don't know one writer who doesn't like it, or wouldn't love to write for it. I know I bloody would.