Rubbish Sitcoms Page 4

Quote: Jack Massey @ February 6 2011, 1:25 PM GMT

I'd personally point out: Fresh Fields, which was a poor man's Terry & June - which isn't a good thing at all.

Quite enjoyed Fresh Fields, wasn't too bad for an ITV sitcom.

I don't like either Fresh Fields or French Fields. I watched quite a lot of them some years back when I was too sick to get off the sofa and it was better than watching nothing when it was shown on Sky here. Few laughs but too thin on them for me.

:( I'm shocked anyone has sat through any of these, I switched them off after 1 minute , don't think I was hasty in retrospect.

All About Me

I loved Fresh Fields and French Fields. But French Fields was my personal favourite out of the two. It felt more established and familiar.

I liked Anton Rodgers, he had a bit of the Phil Silvers about him.

Quote: don rushmore @ February 7 2011, 9:25 PM GMT

Quite enjoyed Fresh Fields, wasn't too bad for an ITV sitcom.

:$ Never liked it, sounded like a marg' commercial and was spread equally thinly.

Don't think I've ever been as disappointed when Meet The Magoons aired. I loved the idea and was all set to love it to bits but sadly for me it sucked big time.

Some of the guys involved went on to do Fags, Mags And Bags on Radio 4 which I love. I think Sanjeev Kohli who was in Meet The Magoons (the excellent Navid in Still Game) wrote and starred in the latter.

Mad About Alice; not good.

Quote: Blenkinsop @ February 8 2011, 11:54 AM GMT

Don't think I've ever been as disappointed when Meet The Magoons aired. I loved the idea and was all set to love it to bits but sadly for me it sucked big time.

Some of the guys involved went on to do Fags, Mags And Bags on Radio 4 which I love. I think Sanjeev Kohli who was in Meet The Magoons (the excellent Navid in Still Game) wrote and starred in the latter.

:) Very funny Fags, Mags And Bags.

Don you might prefer 'Bags fags and gags'? Smarmy

Quote: don rushmore @ February 8 2011, 11:35 AM GMT

I liked Anton Rodgers, he had a bit of the Phil Silvers about him.

Whistling nnocently Was he a ghost?

Quote: Aaron @ February 7 2011, 5:29 PM GMT

For someone with the signature 'SID JAMES IS A LEGEND', you don't much seem to be a fan of the vein of comedy he worked in!

Ah, but you see my good man, that was in the 1970s and was original for its time. 30 plus years later, the BBC are churning out inferior drab comedies, that in the 70s would have been panned after one series.

Does anyone recall a sitcom about a dead grandma who used to haunt her grandkids, I think it was called something like Ghost Nan? Not sure how many series it was on for, from what I remember it wasny rubbish, but thought I would ask about it here. By the way it was in the early 90s.

Sounds vaguely like So Haunt Me - certainly the ravages of time could cause you to remember it like that.

Yetta Feldman played by Miriam Karlin. Blimey, that takes me back.

Wonderful series. Really need to finish off our guide to it.