Good Scottish classic comedians and comedy actors

Hi,

Please say your fave Scottish comedians and comic actors. I love Ronnie Corbett and I think he is hilarious! Also, Richard Wilson (Victor in One Foot In The Grave and Thorpe in Only When I Laugh) is a fabulous comedy actor. I'm reading his biography at the min. Also, his co-star Annette Crosbie is very good. I know Stanley Baxter is Scottish too.

Gregor Fisher is my favourite actor. Nesbitt is ace, or 8 ace. Connolly as a comedian, who made fun of being Glaswegian first, but Fisher's portrayal was savage and not concerned at all that he was distasteful or incomprehensible. Like real Glaswegians.

Quote: lummycorks @ February 3 2011, 6:04 PM GMT

Please say your fave Scottish comedians and comic actors. I love Ronnie Corbett and I think he is hilarious!

Used to live quite close to Ronnie, met his wife once.

Favourite Scottish comedian is Frankie Boyle.

Without Armando Iannucci British comedy would be much poorer.

And don't anyone forget Rikki Fulton in Scotch and Wry

Any list has to include Chick Murray.

Not solely a comic actor, but John Laurie.

Graeme Garden.

Peter Capaldi. Nobody can do aggression like a Scotch man.

Chick Murray and Ricky Fulton deserve wider recognition. There's some good YouTube clips of Chick Murray and Eric Sykes doing some oddball sketches.

Is the legendary Arnold Brown still going? Being Scottish and Jewish he gives you two stereotypes for the price of one.

Not deserving a mention is Craig Ferguson who has morphed into a horrible oily US chat show host.

I don't like Scottish people.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ February 4 2011, 1:49 PM GMT

I don't like Scottish people.

Prejudice.

I'm super racist.

I'm only racist against the Human Race in general, being of omnipotent stock.

A Scotsman invented TV, without which this forum would not exist..... end of story! TV: Bigger than the Beatles!

Michelle Gomez was great in Green Wing.

Elaine C Smith as MaryDoll is brilliant.