Frankie Boyle's Tramadol Nights Page 36

It was absolute shite.

Oh no it wasn't!

Quote: Godot Taxis @ January 28 2011, 3:10 PM GMT

Except it wasn't rubbish, purposefully or unpurposefully.

Actually, that is impossible. But I know what you mean.

Quote: Eydis @ January 28 2011, 12:43 AM GMT

I think the reason is that when he's on the panel shows, he's the odd one out. He's the one who brings a totally fresh and weird perspective into the conversation. But when he has a whole show to himself, there's no "normal conversation" for him to bounce off on. You know, those comedy contrasts, the dynamic of "there's nothing funny about a shocking comment if there's no one around to find it shocking" kind of thing.

Maybe that's why the stand-up sections just reminded me of a pissed up old tramp ranting in the street? Don't even start me on the 'sketches'. Garbage!

I thought the theme tune was aces

I really enjoyed this. One of very few recent shows to elicit consistent audible laughs from my mouth.

Really were you taken some sort of strong medication at the time?

Only a bit of PCP!!!!!!!!!!

Quote: Ian G @ January 29 2011, 4:07 PM GMT

Maybe that's why the stand-up sections just reminded me of a pissed up old tramp ranting in the street? Don't even start me on the 'sketches'. Garbage!

Hahaha, don't know if I'd go that far. It was still better than watching nothing, or gulp, something like Glee, eh?

And one of those jokes will haunt me forever. That one about the paedophelia of married life, because of children looking like their parents. It had this eerily grain of truth effect on me. And I think it was in the first episode where he brought up jokes from his family life, from conversations with his daughter and stuff like that, sort of relaxed and down to earth stuff in between, you know.

Was it him on Mock The Week that said his daughter had told him she loved him more than sausages?
That was so cute.

The paedophilia/incest line, not so much. ;)

Quote: Eydis @ January 30 2011, 10:38 AM GMT

Hahaha, don't know if I'd go that far. It was still better than watching nothing, or gulp, something like Glee, eh?

But Glee is fab-ul-ous!! Only joking, it's lumpy arse gravy.
:D

Quote: Nat Wicks @ January 28 2011, 3:50 PM GMT

It was rubbish though.

I haven't heard your stand up, but I doubt it's better. Do you consider yourself rubbish?

Quote: Juan Kerr @ January 28 2011, 4:20 PM GMT

It was absolute shite.

A man whose forum name is a pun on 'wanker' using the name 'Juan' isn't in any position to pronounce on comedy, good or bad - truly. And incidentally, 'Kerr' is correctly pronounced 'car' in English, so your pun is even worse than it appears.

Quote: Marc P @ January 28 2011, 11:50 PM GMT

Actually, that is impossible. But I know what you mean.

You've got the jump on me Marc, I haven't a clue what you mean.

Quote: Ian G @ January 29 2011, 4:07 PM GMT

I don't know where you live but you should start transcribing that pissed up tramp immediately - you might make a few bob.

Quote: zooo @ January 30 2011, 11:44 AM GMT

Was it him on Mock The Week that said his daughter had told him she loved him more than sausages?
That was so cute.

His daughter asked what the best thing in the world was and he said: "It's you darlin', you're the best thing in the world." She said; "For me it's sausages."

He's used it a few times, like a lot of his jokes.