Frankie Boyle's Tramadol Nights Page 35

Why did you put yourself through that?

Quote: Ben @ January 17 2011, 7:54 PM GMT

I heard he was paid £250,000 an episode. Pretty good going.

With 6 episodes I make that £1.5 million, that can't be right, and if it is right, he could've bought every sketch in critique for a tenner each and made a much better show.

Maybe it was his swan song - purposely rubbish so no one would bother him to do another TV show again.

Well the Sootyj sketches

some of the others aren't so good.

Quote: sootyj @ January 17 2011, 9:47 PM GMT

Well the Sootyj sketches

some of the others aren't so good.

Ha! Yeah, you'd have made a fortune Soots.

At ten quid for every sketch he has posted in Critique, Soots could buy Channel 4.

Quote: Griff @ January 17 2011, 10:04 PM GMT

There isn't enough money on the planet to buy Sooty's output. Any attempt would destabilise the financial system forever and send us back to bartering with stones.

As we speak, Soots is sending that to Newsjack. :D

Some of Frankies Jokes are ok, but he does cross the Line ALOT. Tramadol Nights is just not that funny at all.

I've hardly written buttons in months

Quote: sootyj @ January 17 2011, 11:54 PM GMT

I've hardly written buttons in months

?????

Quote: Schwen @ January 17 2011, 8:04 AM GMT

Maybe his thought proces was (obviously in a scotch accent) "This makes me laugh, maybe it will make other people laugh" in which case fair enough.

SCOTCH accent? SCOTCH? Unimpressed

I wasn't sure a lot of the sketches had a subtext. Before the Iranian Loose Women, there was the sketch with the faceless actors and empty lines that set the former up.

There might be more if I watch it again.

I was really excited first when I saw Tramadol Nights advertised. I've always found Frankie Boyle to be hilarious on all those panel shows.

Which is why I was really surprised when I didn't find Tramadol Nights very funny at all.

I think the reason is that when he's on the panel shows, he's the odd one out. He's the one who brings a totally fresh and weird perspective into the conversation. But when he has a whole show to himself, there's no "normal conversation" for him to bounce off on. You know, those comedy contrasts, the dynamic of "there's nothing funny about a shocking comment if there's no one around to find it shocking" kind of thing.

Quote: zooo @ January 17 2011, 9:46 PM GMT

Maybe it was his swan song - purposely rubbish so no one would bother him to do another TV show again.

Except it wasn't rubbish, purposefully or unpurposefully.

It was rubbish though.