The British Comedy Awards 2010 Page 17

Quote: jhmagic1 @ January 23 2011, 11:40 PM GMT

I was going to say the opposite, if ITV2 shows were eligible then it was a crime not to include Celebrity Juice in the Panel Show category

Seeing as "QI" wasn't nominated for the panel show award I don't think it was a surprise not to see "Celebrity Juice" on there.

Actually, can anyone explain why there were only 3 nominations for most categories? It did seem to limit things a bit.

I think Aaron said earlier, there were more nominees per category at first, but they got reduced to the ones with most votes for the broadcast programme. To speed things up.

Quote: zooo @ January 24 2011, 11:48 AM GMT

I think Aaron said earlier, there were more nominees per category at first, but they got reduced to the ones with most votes for the broadcast programme. To speed things up.

Aaah, that makes sense I guess, although it would've been nice to see the top 5 nominees in each category.

Yeah, I'd like to see more of them too.

Quote: don rushmore @ January 23 2011, 9:25 PM GMT

I don't dislike Miranda, and a win's a win, but compared to many current American sitcoms, it does seem a little, well, lame.

I like the idea of it more than I like the actual show. It's never quite as good as I want it to be.

I don't like Miranda... but I have the feeling that I dislike the concept and and mass appeal of it, rather than any merits it might have.

I seem to have a very dim view on any comedy that isn't satirical or surreal... Pleased;

Quote: Gerkuman @ January 25 2011, 3:06 AM GMT

I don't like Miranda... but I have the feeling that I dislike the concept and and mass appeal of it, rather than any merits it might have.

I seem to have a very dim view on any comedy that isn't satirical or surreal... Pleased;

Rolling eyes I So agree!

Quote: zooo @ January 23 2011, 11:11 AM GMT

Yeah. No one thinks she's funny...

Unimpressed I've said this all before and was ostracised for it by moderator Aaron.

It's pretty difficult to be ostracised by one person, to be honest.

More on topic though, I don't think she's not funny... I just don't think she's as funny as people are making her out to be.

I consider her program to be about as funny as Lab Rats was. (That is, funny in parts, and bland for the rest of it) The only real difference was, that show was fronted and aimed at guys, and Miranda isn't.

Not that I'm implying anything. Whistling nnocently

Quote: dellas @ January 25 2011, 4:54 AM GMT

Unimpressed I've said this all before and was ostracised for it by moderator Aaron.

Again, what?
You're making no sense.
If you have a problem with something, feel free to PM me, instead of smothering the board with it.

I'm please that Would I Lie To You? won best panel show.
Well deserved.
I voted for it in the BCG awards but it didn't have much chance.

Felt a little bit sorry for 'Rev' in the Best New Sitcom category. Especially as it actually was a new sitcom, as opposed to 'Miranda', which wasn't. Errr

I also felt mixed emotions watching Charlie Brooker collect his award. Happiness, because he thoroughly deserved it, mixed with sadness, as I suspect this will be the high water mark which precedes his slow, inevitable decline in terms of relevance and quality. :(

You are melodramatic, sometimes. :)

I very much enjoyed the references throughout the evening to Brooker's silly hair.

Quote: Tim Walker @ January 25 2011, 1:18 PM GMT

sadness, as I suspect this will be the high water mark which precedes his slow, inevitable decline in terms of relevance and quality. :(

You misery. I'm sure he'll make more good shows; and I'm looking forward to his new one tonight!

Quote: zooo @ January 25 2011, 12:19 PM GMT

If you have a problem with something, feel free to PM me, instead of smothering the board with it.

*briefly stops smearing own faeces on the walls of the thread* Huh?

Hold on, where in the BCG rules is that banned?

*returns to dirty protest, taking a big wee all over the 'Newsrevue again' thread* :)