The British Comedy Awards 2010 Page 16

Quote: zooo @ January 23 2011, 10:40 AM GMT

Except for Miranda getting three.

God only knows how!

Yeah. No one thinks she's funny...

Quote: Charlie Boy @ January 23 2011, 10:31 AM GMT

Great to read everyone's comments, but do these awards actually mean anything?

No.

None do really, apart from the Victoria Cross.

Why do award shows really have to people come to "present" the awards? Most of the guests were cringeworthy. Goldie Hawn? I don't British Comedy!!! :) Then the diver and an even smaller rapper, who JR didn't have time to talk to because the presentation to MM in Liverpool seemed to take about 15 minutes.

Quote: Aaron @ January 23 2011, 1:42 AM GMT

Laughing out loud That would have been fabulous.

I got free sweeties, and free Coke. So yes, it was a good night! :)

You should have done it! Granted, you may not have been invited back, but it would've been worth it! :D

Ha! Good good.

Quote: Charlie Boy @ January 23 2011, 11:03 AM GMT

God only knows how!

I'm not a fan of Miranda, at all. I just don't think falling over, and pulling faces to the camera and constantly breaking the fourth wall is funny.

I'm sensing some Qatar 2022 dealings :D

Quote: Ukulele Kris @ January 23 2011, 12:08 PM GMT

I'm not a fan of Miranda, at all. I just don't think falling over, and pulling faces to the camera and constantly breaking the fourth wall is funny.

I do! Lovely to have something bright and silly amongst the seemingly never ending stream of low key, subdued sitcoms of the last year or so.

There's a lot more to it than that, Kris! You don't like it though, so fair enough.

Well said.

Well, no one is forcing anyone else to watch it!

I'm glad Horrible Histories won.

Quote: samcheese @ January 23 2011, 2:46 PM GMT

I'm glad Horrible Histories won.

Yes, same here, it's way up there. Also liked Roy Clarke's speech, I love Keeping Up Appearances, always find that really funny.

Am I right in thinking ITV2 shows weren't eligible for nomination?

I don't dislike Miranda, and a win's a win, but compared to many current American sitcoms, it does seem a little, well, lame.

Quote: jhmagic1 @ January 23 2011, 8:53 PM GMT

Am I right in thinking ITV2 shows weren't eligible for nomination?

Didn't realise ITV2 had any comedy shows. There's just some panel show hosted by a character from "Bo Selecta" with two of the worst female TV presenters of all time as captains. And on that subject, will someone please tell Fearne Cotton to stop talking like she's chewing a mouth full of straw...

Quote: Joey Moose @ January 23 2011, 11:18 PM GMT

Didn't realise ITV2 had any comedy shows. There's just some panel show hosted by a character from "Bo Selecta" with two of the worst female TV presenters of all time as captains. And on that subject, will someone please tell Fearne Cotton to stop talking like she's chewing a mouth full of straw...

I was going to say the opposite, if ITV2 shows were eligible then it was a crime not to include Celebrity Juice in the Panel Show category