The British Comedy Awards 2010 Page 14

Watching E4. zooo, get Mark & Aaron to stand in the window behind Laverne and wave slowly and menacingly. :D

Quote: Ben @ January 22 2011, 11:13 PM GMT

He's certainly made a lot of money and done well in the US. He makes McIntyre look small fry in comparison.

Is doing well in th U.S. an outstanding contribution to British comedy, though? I imagine he got it for Ponderland.

Quote: Will Cam @ January 22 2011, 11:08 PM GMT

Hey Don is this ironic, sarcastic or have you been at the cooking sherry. Eh?

I was being genuine, Will. Not only is he funny, he's unique and original.

Only 3 'greats' have emerged from British comedy over the last 20 years - Brand, Gervais and Sacha Baron Cohen.

Quote: Nil Putters @ January 22 2011, 11:14 PM GMT

Watching E4. zooo, get Mark & Aaron to stand in the window behind Laverne and wave slowly and menacingly. :D

I have told him to!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 22 2011, 11:14 PM GMT

Is doing well in th U.S. an outstanding contribution to British comedy, though?

Who are the previous winners? Talking of which, I've already forgotten most of who won this years.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 22 2011, 11:14 PM GMT

Is doing well in th U.S. an outstanding contribution to British comedy, though? I imagine he got it for Ponderland.

No, he's not contributed much to British comedy. Someone like David Jason should be winning this type of award. If he hasn't already.

Quote: don rushmore @ January 22 2011, 11:16 PM GMT

Only 3 'greats' have emerged from British comedy over the last 20 years - Brand, Gervais and Sacha Baron Cohen.

And, of course, Rob Rouse. :)

How the hell did Russell Brand win?

Quote: zooo @ January 22 2011, 11:07 PM GMT

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Oh, you meant it.

Matt Smith embodies the role in a way that Tennant never did. Far more "traditional" and certainly a continuation of the kind of Doctor that Patrick Traughton, Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker played in the early years.

Quote: don rushmore @ January 22 2011, 11:16 PM GMT

Gervais and SBC I can agree with. Their work will live on for a long time yet, but I think Brand may only be remembered for his personality.

Quote: Ben @ January 22 2011, 11:20 PM GMT

Gervais and SBC I can agree with. Their work will live on for a long time yet, but I think Brand may only be remembered for his personality.

Yeah, unlike the other two mentioned, he has yet to really create anything; his stand up aside.

I've always wanted to watch that really old show Brand did where he tossed off a man in the toilets.

Personally I would have given it to The Chuckle Brothers...

Quote: Ben @ January 22 2011, 11:25 PM GMT

I've always wanted to watch that really old show Brand did where he tossed off a man in the toilets.

It's over-rated (tossing-off men in toilets).

That series was actually brilliant.

Quote: Tim Walker @ January 22 2011, 11:29 PM GMT

It's over-rated (tossing-off men in toilets).

Over your shoes more like.

Quote: Ben @ January 22 2011, 11:25 PM GMT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCjyAJc4oMg