Fast And Loose Page 7

Quote: zooo @ January 21 2011, 11:57 PM GMT

I'm not sure about the first Weakest Link game.
It should be Hugh trying to guess what character they're playing, rather than him telling them, and then them doing it. I don't understand how that's a game.

There are loads of great games from Whose Line they could be doing, along with some new ones of course.

Exactly. The whole show's like that really - very close, good performers, but just slightly missing the point.

How do you apply to be in the audience for this show? Tried Googling it for hours but no luck! :|

Quote: zooo @ January 21 2011, 11:57 PM GMT

I'm not sure about the first Weakest Link game.
It should be Hugh trying to guess what character they're playing, rather than him telling them, and then them doing it. I don't understand how that's a game.

There are loads of great games from Whose Line they could be doing, along with some new ones of course.

The game is them occasionally struggling, and ultimately (hopefully) amusing us. It's not a game in terms of scoring points or bettering anyone else. I've not seen Whose Line Is It Anyway?, but it doesn't half seem like some of you can't get over that and realise that this is not the same.

Quote: banders @ January 22 2011, 9:40 AM GMT

How do you apply to be in the audience for this show? Tried Googling it for hours but no luck! :|

The series has already been recorded. Check back with us as any future ticket availability will be listed on the site, probably on our Twitter account, and in the show's guide (links at top and bottom of this page).

Quote: Aaron @ January 22 2011, 2:19 PM GMT

The game is them occasionally struggling, and ultimately (hopefully) amusing us. It's not a game in terms of scoring points or bettering anyone else. I've not seen Whose Line Is It Anyway?, but it doesn't half seem like some of you can't get over that and realise that this is not the same.

If you had seen it, you'd know how good this show could be, and be as frustrated as us that they're just not quite there yet!

More likely, I'd just be relieved that there's no sign of Clive Anderson.

Hehe. Bless him and his little shiny head.

It's not a game in terms of scoring points or bettering anyone else.

I think a scoring system - no matter how arbitrary - would help. Give the show a bit more purpose and focus if two or three teams were competing against one another.

Would more audience participation help? I know in Whose Line, some of the best stuff comes from them asking the audience to provide a scenario. At the moment the audience isn't really used beyond "Obnoxious closeup! Why aren't you laughing this hard?"

I agree - if they relied off audience suggestions, it would take away the suggestion that alot of it's scripted.

Am I right in thinking there was another long musical mime round with Armand? Good lord.

Wasn't quite as long.

But it is supposed to be. It's comedians getting up and being told to improvise to silly themes/games; it's the same thing but tweaked. The points thing in Whose Line was not the goal for those taking part, Anderson would award people a million points for a round, and so on; it was never actually a competition to see who was best.

Quote: zooo @ January 23 2011, 2:31 PM GMT

Wasn't quite as long.

Doing that for a second week is too long in my opinion!

It is welcome to see less well known performers on television, but I cannot say they are being well served by the format.

Have watched the first two episodes and agree with most of what has been said on here. It's great to have improv back on our screens, but as others have pointed out, because there is no audience participation, this doesn't feel very improvised.

Notable difference of standard between Wayne Brady and the rest of the gang, but I suppose that's to be expected.

Finally, not sure if I should mention it here, but had the pleasure of seeing 'The Noise Next Door' for the first time last night. They are a 5 strong improv troupe and were far better than anything I've seen before. Relied 100% on audience involvement and had everyone it stitches... Wonder if anyone else has seen them or thinks they must be worth taking a chance on TV?

Since they're bringing people back from Whose Line (Wayne Brady) they should ask Josie Lawrence on. She had/has a recent radio show with tons of improv on audience suggestions. She's still got it!