Fast And Loose Page 6

Quote: swerytd @ January 21 2011, 9:55 AM GMT

I saw an early Whose Line..? last week and he seemed quite uncomfortable and actually giving proper points to everyone!? What was *that* about?!

That said, you can be too much of 'one of the gang'. cf. Drew Carey joining in with some of the games in the American version! What was *that* about?!

I'm trying out a new catchphrase. Anyone think it's working?

Dan

*New* catchphrase?

Quote: swerytd @ January 21 2011, 9:55 AM GMT

I'm trying out a new catchphrase. Anyone think it's working?

Is it "Dan"?

Please make it stop...

You have a special button that does that.

But there's nothing else on...

Actually, I like David Armand's bits. Not his willy and that, although I'm sure it's very nice.

Hugh sounds ill.

I enjoyed it. Double Speak was very slow (y'know, beyond the inevitable) and could have been cut short I think, but some very entertaining games.

I was praying for death during the Double Speak round.

I take the point some made last week about it being scripted, and if they're not too good at editing, it certainly must be - but I don't really care so much, as long as it's entertains and amuses. Which, for me, it does.

I liked David Armand and the wall game, apart from that thought it was pretty rubbish.

For some reason I loved the double speak!
And always like red wall bit.

Quote: chipolata @ January 21 2011, 10:30 PM GMT

I was praying for death during the Double Speak round.

Whose? :D

Quote: zooo @ January 21 2011, 10:31 PM GMT

For some reason I loved the double speak!

****!

Quote: Aaron @ January 21 2011, 10:30 PM GMT

I enjoyed it. Double Speak was very slow (y'know, beyond the inevitable) and could have been cut short I think, but some very entertaining games.

At least they took the idea of cutting the interpretative dance round a bit shorter - it's good, but got dull last week. Watching it on tape delay now and have only just got to the "double speak" round, it's terrifying me already. Been good so far though.

Why not have the double speak round be one player answering the questions and the other saying what they really mean? Was a decent round done that way when they used to do it on Mock The Week.

Well, I liked Double Speak too.

The only problem for me with it was the main one I had last week; too many people. There were seven playing as Dennis was taking part. A panel of four, and have two pairs interacting.

Interaction is interesting and funny. A host interviewing and directing is not.

The Forward Backward round also felt like a classic Ryan and Colin game. Took a while to get going, but once it did it worked.

Overall an improvement on last week. If they just cut the horrible gag based party and tell us a fact rounds I would call myself a fan.

Quote: GGdown @ January 21 2011, 11:30 PM GMT

Why not have the double speak round be one player answering the questions and the other saying what they really mean? Was a decent round done that way when they used to do it on Mock The Week.

When the answer is "like they do it on Mock The Week" the question may only ever be "how should they not do it?"

I'm not sure about the first Weakest Link game.
It should be Hugh trying to guess what character they're playing, rather than him telling them, and then them doing it. I don't understand how that's a game.

There are loads of great games from Whose Line they could be doing, along with some new ones of course.