10 O'Clock Live - Series 1 Page 6

:D

I don't think Laverne fits.

But she is wearing a nice green dress.

Ummmm Errr

what was the palin fingering gag?

It's too long. Feels like it's been on for hours already.

Heh. I think looking pretty is what she's there for. :( (It is a nice dress though.)

They should have either got a woman who would be good/funny, or given Lauren more to do (if they think she is good/funny).

This is superficial and dire

Yawwwwwwwwwwwn.

I'm switching over to BBC 1. George Galloway is on Question Time tonight. He's much funnier.

Quote: zooo @ January 20 2011, 10:28 PM GMT

Heh. I think looking pretty is what she's there for. :( (It is a nice dress though.)

They should have either got a woman who would be good/funny, or given Lauren more to do (if they think she is good/funny).

I think she's funny(ish) on panel games, but not funny enough to complete with these three. If she's just 'the chairman', like on these table bits, then fine but don't give her crappy sketches to do.

Quote: sootyj @ January 20 2011, 10:27 PM GMT

what was the palin fingering gag?

+1 it.

Yes that sketch thingy was awful. Drop that bit please!

Quote: sootyj @ January 20 2011, 10:30 PM GMT

This is superficial and dire

I agree the news is nothing to joke about. Cool

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 20 2011, 1:19 PM GMT

She was in a great band, Kenickie; first album was great stuff. And she's a decent TV presenter, and radio presenter; I don't really get why so many people seem to have a problem with her; there are much, much worse people cluttering up out TV screens.

She was host at the Thinking Digital conference in Gateshead last year. She wasn't a bad presenter and seemed to know when to and when not to make a gag to what was an international geek audience.

I didn't see the show tonight so I can't say how well she did in that as a comedy performer which is a totally different biscuit tin of voles.

It's too sprawling and unfocussed. Some good bits - Mitchell on Hunt and Brooker on Palin - but A LOT of filler. And the bits around the table are neither funny or insightful.

Quote: turbo penguin @ January 20 2011, 10:37 PM GMT

I agree the news is nothing to joke about. Cool

The news is absolutely there for piss taking

this is second rate tittering

Quote: chipolata @ January 20 2011, 10:38 PM GMT

It's too sprawling and unfocussed. Some good bits - Mitchell on Hunt and Brooker on Palin - but A LOT of filler. And the bits around the table are neither funny or insightful.

I've enjoyed it, it's 100% better than a lot of so comedy on the TV.

*joins the cast of Grumpy Old Men*