Cold Feet

At the risk of seeming girly this was one of my favourite TV shows. The scripts were clever, funny and poignant at times and they were characters I could empathise/sympathise with.

There's talk of an update although of course Rachel died so I hope they don't do a "dream" sequence.

Maybe though they should have left it where it finished.

YOU GIRL.

I never actually got into it. Although it seems like the sort of thing I might have liked if I'd given it a proper chance.
It always felt a bit bleak when I caught little bits. Death and cheating on spouses etc.

I remember it was huge but never got into it. That early scene with a naked Jimmy Nesbitt with a rose up his arse put me off.

Got it all on video, they were talking about bringing it back last year but the only way they could do that with all the cast would be to make Helen Baxendale Rachel's double which I don't think would work

I find her incredibly annoying on screen anyway, so I think a replacement would be better. :)

Never watched it, which makes Chappers more of a girl than me.

I know it got good reviews, but I was a bit more 'Bridget Jones' in those days.

Quote: zooo @ January 17 2011, 10:50 PM GMT

I find her incredibly annoying on screen anyway, so I think a replacement would be better. :)

She was annoying in Friends.

Oh God yes. She totally ruined it for a bit.

Quote: zooo @ January 17 2011, 11:02 PM GMT

Oh God yes. She totally ruined it for a bit.

How could you ruin Friends?

Quote: peter gazzard @ January 17 2011, 10:49 PM GMT

Got it all on video, they were talking about bringing it back last year but the only way they could do that with all the cast would be to make Helen Baxendale Rachel's double which I don't think would work

They're talking about it again now. That's why I started writing about it.

Quote: zooo @ January 17 2011, 9:30 PM GMT

YOU GIRL.

Quote: AngieBaby @ January 17 2011, 10:55 PM GMT

Never watched it, which makes Chappers more of a girl than me.

I know it got good reviews, but I was a bit more 'Bridget Jones' in those days.

Never saw Brigit Jones although I'm more of a TV watcher than a film goer.

Quote: Chappers @ January 18 2011, 11:57 AM GMT

How could you ruin Friends?

Watch Friends, or even one thing containing an American, and then have an opinion. ;)

The last shot in the last last episode is particularly poignant. Adam (James Nesbit) and his baby leave their house and get into a taxi - heading off to Ireland - and Rachel's ghost steps out of the house and gets in with them, as if she's going with them.

Yikes, really?

Quote: zooo @ January 19 2011, 5:20 PM GMT

Yikes, really?

Yes,I found that last scene poignant too

Watching this on DVD as my daughter bought the box set for me as an early Fathers Day present.

The characters are so good and the cast were brilliantly chosen. you wouldn't necessarily call them all the most beautiful people but I think Hermione Norris and Fay Ripley - probably in their first starring roles - were both incredible. Fay's character is so funny and Hermione drifting towards alcoholism.

Brilliantly scripted and filmed.

Cold Feet was one of my favs when it came, thought it was really good and clever and smart. Got the whole series on DVD as well. :) Although the last season was a bit of a let down in my opinion. Not on par with the others.