10 O'Clock Live - Series 1 Page 4

Remember the anticipation when TV Am anounced their impressive hosts (the Famous Five).

That turned out to be a right load of bollocks

From the trailers, this looks like utter shit.

Great line-up. I love Lauren Laverne so no moaning from me :)

Quote: Eat My Shirts @ January 12 2011, 6:14 PM GMT

From the trailers, this looks like utter shit.

To be fair, they haven't shown you anything from an actual episode.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 12 2011, 7:05 PM GMT

To be fair, they haven't shown you anything from an actual episode.

WTF! we have to be fair now? Bastard Mods taking all the fun away Angry

I only started watching the Alternative Election Night show this afternoon and thought Laverne was worse than abysmal. Nevertheless, I hope it ends up - and the 10 O'Clock Live series - showing her in a better light.

But the scheduling, ugh. That's right, Channel 4, put a live, topical satire show directly up against Question Time. Because there's not going to be any audience clash there, is there? I know you're probably smugly thinking of yourself as some kind of antidote to serious political discussion, but common sense should tell you that a big proportion of your potential audience are going to be Question Time viewers. You morons.

I hope Charlie Brooker wees himself again, in a nice way.

I've been saying for ages if they're going to launch a topical comedy show it needs to be from experienced presenters, not 'newcomers' (just watch Tonightly back to see how uncomfortable the then newcomers Jason Manford and Andi Osho looked)... so pleased they're going with an all-star team for this.

It's good they're giving it 15 weeks too... I'm pretty sure The Daily Show took a while to bed down and find what worked, so we need to give this a similar chance I think...

Got tickets to this on Thursday. :)

Ooh, fun!

Quote: Mark @ January 16 2011, 4:25 PM GMT

It's good they're giving it 15 weeks too... I'm pretty sure The Daily Show took a while to bed down and find what worked, so we need to give this a similar chance I think...

Or maybe just start showing The Daily Show again?
These short of shows never work that well in Britain.

Quote: Griff @ January 17 2011, 6:40 PM GMT

Nice one Ellie! Give us all a wave!

Will do! :)

Quote: Griff @ January 17 2011, 6:44 PM GMT

If any Brit comic can do a good job of interviewing politicians without either bullying or fawning I'm hoping it's David Mitchell.

I think it'll be watchable, sure, but... I remember the Channel 4 election night coverage featuring the same people. It passed the time, but it wasn't exactly must-see TV.

Quote: EllieJP @ January 17 2011, 6:44 PM GMT

Will do! :)

Wear something bright and sit near the front!

Oh and a large hat. ;)

Quote: chipolata @ January 17 2011, 6:48 PM GMT

I think it'll be watchable, sure, but... I remember the Channel 4 election night coverage featuring the same people. It passed the time, but it wasn't exactly must-see TV.

I still haven't bloody seen that.
I'm sure this'll be tighter and more focused than that presumably was, though.

Quote: Griff @ January 17 2011, 6:54 PM GMT

Yeah but that went on for ages. This is just 65 minutes in the schedule which once you take out C4's copious ad breaks will be about 4 minutes actual broadcast.

:D I actually like ad breaks more and more. My internet-knackered attention span can't cope with more than about 7 minutes on any given thing.