Fast And Loose Page 4

Quote: zooo @ January 14 2011, 11:02 PM GMT

Ohhhh, yes.
So that's... Laura Solon, the other tall bloke, and the Pippa woman?

I don't really know who the latter two were either.

Quote: Aaron @ January 14 2011, 11:05 PM GMT

Pippa Evans. She was in Bigipedia and The Morgana Show, and often appears as a musician character, Loretta Maine (I think).

The other tall bloke was Humphrey Ker, most notable as being part of the Victorian-loving sketch troupe The Penny Dreadfuls. Probably their most famous work is their Radio 7 sketch series, The Penny Dreadfuls Present: The Brothers Faversham and The Penny Dreadfuls Present: More Brothers Faversham.

I personally thought that Fast and Loose was very good. Some bits were better than other but those that did worked very well. The only problem with improv is you never know what is going to happen will be good or not - that is the risk you take when watching it. Luckily with TV and radio you can edit most of what you think the bad bits were out before you show it.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ January 15 2011, 11:44 AM GMT

The only problem with improv is you never know what is going to happen will be good or not - that is the risk you take when watching it.

There isn't actually any real improv on TV Ian, as the programme is edited not 'live'. You can reliably assume that an intervention will not be entirely lame or it would not have made the edit.

This aside from any scripted bits. SCRIPTED BITS.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ January 15 2011, 2:03 PM GMT

There isn't actually any real improv on TV Ian, as the programme is edited not 'live'. You can reliably assume that an intervention will not be entirely lame or it would not have made the edit.

I suppose the idea of improv broadcast live might be a good idea - if it were not for the fact that the people we are dealing with are comedians who would probably want to try and break as many broadcasting regulations as they could. The only time we really see a bunch of comedians on live TV are during award ceremonies such as the British Comedy Awards.

If anything, the programme has potential, much like "Episodes" with Matt LeBlanc. Once we get used to it, it will seem better.

I still don't understand why they don't just bring back "Whose Line", but what can you do.

No matter how good the show turns out to be though, Laura Solon will always be brilliant!

I really enjoyed this.

Also, how good was the improv dance?

Careless Whisper? Yes, he was ace.

Also loved the flat screen thingy.

Quote: EllieJP @ January 16 2011, 1:37 AM GMT

I really enjoyed this.

Also, how good was the improv dance?

I wonder how much of that was actually improv though? Because he has videoes of himself doing the same things to other songs; you suspect he knew what song it was and more or less what he was going to do. Maybe. Also, did we really need to have the entire song? Doesn't the show have the word 'fast' in the title?

I'm 100% positive it wasn't improvised, but I didn't think we were really supposed to think it was.

Quote: zooo @ January 16 2011, 12:13 PM GMT

I'm 100% positive it wasn't improvised, but I didn't think we were really supposed to think it was.

Yeah, me neither. It definitely went on way too long though, it should have been cut in half, and on to the next game.

Even though I was enjoying it, I did keep being surprised that it hadn't finished yet!

One verse and one chorus, that's all it needed to be. My favourite part was the gibbon.

Only recognised TWO of the performers. The Dance Improv must have been rehearsed. More miss than hit. Won't watch episode 2. Prefer repeats of Whose Line.

This was truly dire.

Quote: Charlie Boy @ January 16 2011, 12:29 PM GMT

Only recognised TWO of the performers.

You should perhaps watch more comedy then.