Life Explained: Death

This is a sketch show i'm writing for radio.

SCENE 1. INTRODUCTION

NARRATOR:
Life is a wonderful yet short state of being however you can't have life unless you also have death.

SCENE 2. AEROPLANE

JOE AND MARGERY ARE ON A PLANE

JOE:
It won’t be long now Margery, we should arrive in the Netherlands soon.

MARGERY:
Are you sure you sorted everything out, I would hate to think that we would be causing any unnecessary trouble

JOE:
Don’t worry; it’ll be fine I’ve sorted out all our papers. Everything is in order

CAPTAIN:
We are experiencing a bit of turbulence can you put on your seat belts

MARGERY:
I’m so happy we are going to do this together; I don’t think I could live on without you.

JOE:
Me too

F/X:A Massive Crash

CAPTAIN:
Can every one go back to their seats and adopt the crash position, we are going down.

REPORTER:
It appears that no one survived the crash and we are…hang on I think I see movement.

JOE AND MARGERY STUMBLE OUT OF THE WRECKAGE

REPORTER:
I don’t believe it there are two survivors, are you okay?

JOE:
What Happened?

REPORTER:
Your plane crashed and you two are the only survivors

JOE:
Oh bugger! We’re trying to get to the euthanasia clinic in Amsterdam, bollocks.

SCENE 3. NARRATION

NARRATOR:
Some entities enjoy death, Death himself has never had it so good however he is now coming to the end of the line.

SCENE 4. DEATH LIVES

DEATH IS ON HIS DEATH BED AND IS ABOUT TO PASS AWAY

DEATH:
You are a good apprentice Eric, once I pass you will become Death, the destroyer of worlds.

ERIC:
Genius. I can destroy the world

DEATH:
No Eric, it’s a figure of speech, it’s getting white, I’m going, going…

ERIC:
Gone, woohoo I’m death

DEATH HAS DIED AND THEREFORE HAS BECOME ALIVE.

DEATH:
Where am I?

IAN:
You’re in a supermarket mate, are you alright you look a bit pale.

DEATH:
Aha a supermarket, very good for business, BSE, Ecoli, food poisoning, yes an excellent place to spend my afterlife.

IAN:
Mate you look really ill

DEATH:
No, don’t touch me you’ll die, wait you didn’t die, I don’t recall meeting you before, is this heaven.

IAN:
Are you drunk, man you’re really thin

DEATH:This is earth? I’ve come alive because I was dead. Oh Crap I have to see Eric again.

SCENE 5. NARRATION

NARRATOR:
There are those who embrace death out of an ideological need to justify their existence.

SCENE 6. SUICIDE BOMBERS

TWO TERRORISTS ARE PLANNING AN ATTACK

ASIF:
Are we going to blow up the train

AHMED:
Asif we are going to blow up the train

F/X:DOOR KICKED IN

POLICEMAN:
Police! Nobody move

ASIF AND AHMED ARE IN A COURT

JUGDE:
So your defence is that you were being sarcastic

DEFECNCE LAWYER:
Yes, your honour. If you listen to the recordings you can quite clearly hear that the defendants were being sarcastic

RECORDING AHMED:
As if we are going to blow up the train

DEFENCE LAWYER:
AS IF we are going to blow up the train. Ahmed was indicating, through sarcasm that they weren’t going to perform any such act.

JUDGE:
Well I’m convinced. Let them go.

SCENE 7. NARRATION

NARRATOR:
Men are largely responsible for causing death. In the history of Earth women are recognised as being peace makers with the exception of Helen of Troy, Cleopatra, Boudicia, Joan of Arc, Queen Elizabeth II, Queen Victoria and Margaret Thatcher. In fact women have only been responsible for death and destruction when they have been given power which is thankfully not often.

SCENE 8. FIRST FEMALE PRESIDENT

PRESIDENT WINTON:
Go to death con 3

GENERAL:
Excuse me, Madame President

PRESIDENT WINTON:
Russia is about to attack

GENERAL:
How do you know, you just got off the phone with the Russians. What did they say?

PRESIDENT WINTON:
Its not what the said its how they said it.

GENERAL:
How did they say it?

PRESIDENT WINTON:
It’s the tone of voice they used; now go to death con 3

GENERAL:
Ma’am, I’ve fought in Viet Nam, Iraq and have fory five years experience I can not go to death con 3 without solid evidence of a clear and present danger

PRESIDENT WINTON:
General, in your forty five years have you ever won an argument with a woman.

GENERAL:
Go to death con 3.

Weird but not in a good way.

Which character represents Andy?

Don't see where you are coming from Karl, I enjoyed it I think this would work well for radio... possibly the terrorist bit could be re-writen, "Yeah we said AS IF because a plane seemed a bit bigger"... but funnier of course.