Fast And Loose Page 2

I thought it was pretty decent. Some games worked, some didn't, but that's the way improv goes, it's unpredictable and sometimes everything will work and other times it won't. Remember Whose Line Is It Anyway? was hardly perfect in its first series either, it took time to perfect the formula that made that show so successful, and it will take time to get this show right too. But the show has potential and was decent enough for a first episode.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ January 14 2011, 10:39 PM GMT

The literal dancing bit was my favourite. I love literal dancing.

I love David Armand.

I'd be very surprised if this got a second series. It'll get low ratings and be forgotten by March.

Quote: zooo @ January 14 2011, 10:43 PM GMT

I love David Armand.

He's very good :)

Quote: chipolata @ January 14 2011, 10:44 PM GMT

I'd be very surprised if this got a second series. It'll get low ratings and be forgotten by March.

You are a little doom-monger today.

Quote: zooo @ January 14 2011, 10:45 PM GMT

It's his time of the month. You know.. his "lady shame".

Quote: zooo @ January 14 2011, 10:45 PM GMT

I'm the Truthsayer!

Who were the three who aren't in SIGNH/The Inbetweeners?

I don't know what SIGNH is. :(

Quote: zooo @ January 14 2011, 10:53 PM GMT

Thanks, now I don't have to look foolish

Quote: zooo @ January 14 2011, 10:53 PM GMT

Sorry, I've Got No Head.

Ohhhh, yes.
So that's... Laura Solon, the other tall bloke, and the Pippa woman?

I don't really know who the latter two were either.

Quote: chipolata @ January 14 2011, 10:44 PM GMT

Whilst on the opposite end of the spectrum, I'm already tempted to retitle this thread ' - Series 1'. I would be very surprised if the BBC don't give it a second run and chance to bed in more, almost no matter the viewing figures.

Quote: zooo @ January 14 2011, 11:02 PM GMT

Ohhhh, yes.
So that's... Laura Solon, the other tall bloke, and the Pippa woman?

I don't really know who the latter two were either.

Pippa Evans. She was in Bigipedia and The Morgana Show, and often appears as a musician character, Loretta Maine (I think).

Quote: Aaron @ January 14 2011, 11:05 PM GMT

Whilst on the opposite end of the spectrum, I'm already tempted to retitle this thread ' - Series 1'. I would be very surprised if the BBC don't give it a second run and chance to bed in more, almost no matter the viewing figures.

We'll see, although I seem to remember I was right about that Mangan show where he plays a recovering alcoholic, and the one where that woman goes back to her home town after her failed marriage, but I salute your optimism.

Quote: Schwen @ January 14 2011, 10:38 PM GMT

Be glad of some actual comedy on TV you absolute idiots.

Rolling eyes

Personally, this first episode didn't do a whole lot for me, but obviously the nature of improv means that next weeks might be a belter. Or not. I used to love Whose Line Is It Anyway.