Fast And Loose

This starts tonight, although the clips I've seen do look extremely hit and miss, with the emphasis on the miss.

What an absolute mess.

Bits are good and bits are bad.
They picked some really good people though. I love Laura Solon.

It's a nice reminder of just how awful improv is. The Weak Link round was cringeworthy and I thought that the Interpretative Dance round would never end.

Some improv works! Justin's good at it.

Probably terribly unfair especially as it's only its first outing and show one's not even finished but I have to say...

Why BBC, why?

A curious melding together of Whose Line Is It Anyway? and Mock The Week that manages to emerge with little or no endearing qualities whatsoever. Trying terribly hard to be funny but missing the mark in almost every department.

I feel bad now and maybe it's the drink talking but sadly I don't think so.

What's the written equivalent of the Family Fortunes Ernnhh Ernnhh!

EDIT:

Maybe it'll find its feet given time, but what it really needs to find is its finger and if it does then it needs to get it out pronto.

I think a new version of Whose Line, with our current crop of comedians is a great idea!
It's not been perfect so far admittedly, but I think the concept is a good one.

Quote: zooo @ January 14 2011, 10:23 PM GMT

Some improv works! Justin's good at it.

I've said it before, zooo, but you're Patron Saint of Lost Causes!

Shurruppp!!

Justin and Laura were really funnyyy.

I thought it was very good. Certainly some bits were nowhere near as funny as others, but it had a nice pace to it and kept me entertained, even if not always laughing, throughout.

Laura Solon is fabulous, and it was great to see Carol appearing again.

Well... Look who the producer is...

It was good and you're all idiots (especially you aron)

It's just improv, sometimes really funny and sometimes not so much, that's the nature of the beast. I'm interested to know what you expected given that it's improv. Be glad of some actual comedy on TV you absolute idiots.

Quote: Aaron @ January 14 2011, 10:34 PM GMT

I thought it was very good. Certainly some bits were nowhere near as funny as others, but it had a nice pace to it and kept me entertained, even if not always laughing, throughout.

Laura Solon is fabulous, and it was great to see Carol appearing again.

I'm always worried when I agree with Aaron, but I also thought it was very good. Very very good. It felt fresh and pacey and the performances were brilliant. I laughed loudy a lot more than I do at most modern sitcom offerings. The literal dancing bit was my favourite. I love literal dancing.

Decent cast all right but it was very directionless and I had the overall feeling that it's all been done before...twice.

I'll give it another go but don't really hold out an awful lot of hope.

;-(

I liked Justin squirming across the red floor 'walking' to the door. I did many lols.