Viz Comic Page 10

Also a recent four page Jonathon Ross special contains the wonderful . . .

Ross, 49, announced that he would be leaving the Corporation along with his sense of humour, 12, . . .

:P

NO DRUNK BAKERS!

That's why it rained.

Quote: sootyj @ May 1 2010, 11:22 PM BST

NO DRUNK BAKERS!

That annoyed me as well.

The guy who writes those is one of my comedy gods.

"Celebrity Bacon Barm" was the funniest strip I'd seen in forever.

Quote: David Bussell @ December 22 2009, 7:16 PM BST

I was just re-reading the Viz annual, The Sausage Sandwich, when I noticed errata in the first Top Tips section on page 7. Underneath J. Lewis' letter is a contribution covered by a sticker that reads:

"PUBLISHERS. Ensure that your editors have read the proofs of your books before printing a quarter of a million of them. J. Brown, London"

I tried peeling off the sticker to check if there was anything underneath but it's stuck fast. Does anyone have a copy of the annual, or indeed the original comic, so I can know what I'm missing? Yahoo Answers, Wikipedia or Google have nothing on this subject.

PS. Interestingly there's a genuine typo on the opposite page in P. Turton's letter.

It was suggestion for delaying a flight by making a false bomb threat ALLEGEDLY.

Quote: sootyj @ May 2 2010, 12:01 AM BST

It was suggestion for delaying a flight by making a false bomb threat ALLEGEDLY.

I took my copy of The Sausage Sandwich (published back in 1991) off the shelf a few weeks ago to see whether mine had the sticker there. The sticker had been peeled off, leaving its gluey base behind, so I had ingeniously placed a bit of plastic there to prevent the pages from glueing together. The tip reads:

HOLIDAY-MAKERS. If you're late for your flight to the sun, simply phone the airport and tell them there's a bomb on board your plane. Don't forget to give them the flight number.

J Bland
Fulchester

From the Top Tips section of the latest edition . .

'BP, make a nice salad dressing by simply pouring 5000 barrels of balsamic vinegar a day into The Gulf.'

The current issue of Viz contains one of the funniest things it has ever done. A spoof front cover of the Take A Break style of mag.

One of the letters from the latest edition . .

'Why didn't those scientists at CERN build a Small Hadron Collider first to see if it worked?'

:D

I'm loving Cilla Black & Her Big Sweaty Crack. Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

I bought The Council Gritter annual a few months back. Working my way through it here and there - some funny stuff. I think Viz is still at it's funniest when you read it as a schoolboy though.

I have always loved VIZ. The profanisaurus could make me kink with laughter.
One fat slags episode I remember went something like this

They are rowing a boat on a boating lake

SAN: Tray, I'm getting wet between my legs
TRAY: I'm not suprised, he was a bit dishy that bloke.
SAN: Not me twat! I think we are f**king sinking.

In the latest edition Finbar, during one of the exchanges between his Mom and Mr Gimlet, says 'spad, spad!'

As a rail enthusiast, I was pleasantly surprised to see that he knew a rail acronym !

:P

Quote: Oldrocker @ March 30 2011, 12:33 AM BST

As a rail enthusiast, I was pleasantly surprised to see that he knew a rail acronym !

The creator of Viz, Chris Donald, is a train spotter/railway enthusiast. Although Finbarr Saunders was created by Simon Thorp and Graham Dury (I think).

Quote: Kenneth @ March 30 2011, 1:00 AM BST

The creator of Viz, Chris Donald, is a train spotter/railway enthusiast. Although Finbarr Saunders was created by Simon Thorp and Graham Dury (I think).

:D

I have really enjoyed reading this thread about Viz. I was cracking up at a lot of the examples everyone was posting. It brought back some great memories of my school & college days. I have a collection of magazines which I keep under the bed. I think my oldest one is from 1989 and I think I collected them until about 1999. If it wasn't for the fact that it is 2.50am and my wife is fast asleep I'd dive under the bed right now and start reading through them. I can honestly say that Viz gave me some of the biggest laughs I have ever had.

Def.