Father Ted Night Page 2

Quote: Blenkinsop @ January 3 2011, 11:02 PM GMT

Glad that there has been no big falling-out. :)

Speak for yourself, I love it when people on shows hate each other. Although it does sound like a politicians answer, and reading between the lines I'd say she's sick to death of it.

I thought the docs were really incredibly touching and moving as well as being suitably nerdy for me to enjoy. Ahhhh Dermot! I still remember the shock when he passed away during my university years when Father Ted was just about the funniest, most imaginative and most exciting thing on telly (it was Wales but still).

"Small, Far Away" on More4 last week and well worth a second watch, and I didn't realise that Dermot Morgan died so soon after the final episode of Father Ted. Also, despite what Pauline McLynn said later on her blog I still think it was very odd that she declined to appear in the documentary.

Not as odd as her making and selling tea cosies on her website. That's f**king damaged.

I suspect the tea-cosy thing is more of a hobby for her. I doubt her novels are selling that badly.

I notice that there are several Father Ted threads on here but no general one.

Anyway I've decided to watch these again and watching episode 1. Still makes me crease up.

As previously mentioned as there is no general Father Ted thread I thought I'd post it here.

Apparently Fathers Ted and Jack, or the actors, both died on February 28th although not the same year.

Ardal O'Hanlan tweeted "Fondly remembering my friends Dermot Morgan and Frank Kelly on this fateful day. And staying indoors."