The Stephen K Amos Show - Series 1 Page 4

Quote: swerytd @ November 18 2010, 9:22 PM GMT

This show misses that whole vibe completely, to be honest. I agree that he's been crowbarred into this by the feel of it, and seems to not have much creative input to be honest.

Yes, but is there any evidence to support that theory? How do we know this isn't (pretty much) exactly the show he wanted to make?

Oh, and the bit I (sadly) caught from the last show(?), which featured a stand up called 'Miss London'. My God! Making jokes as a black comedienne about black people not being interested in politics... "the only parties black people are interested in are the ones that you can get into free before 11!" (or something like that, I'm paraphrasing)... I'd like to think that this was a clever, knowing parody of black-comedians-with-Attitude... but unfortunately there were no layers of intended irony about it. Shockingly atrocious.

Yeah, Miss London (didn't she win 'Funny Women' last year or something) was relatively funny, but it was the whole differences between black/white thing again, which is a bit tiresome in my opinion. Been done before, and been done better.

Fair enough about the creative control bit, but you can sort of tell when people are enjoying something and Amos seems a bit forced here. On stage, it's clear he's enjoying himself immensely. Certainly when I've seen him. He's too... *nice* on this.

Dan

There was a lot more audience interaction in the pilot. I think the producer between then and series may have changed though, bringing in some of the other format changes that you're highlighting here.

Stephen's show most of the time has really funny guests! The Irish boys who rap and the American with his guitar!

Yeah some good guests, a shame that Stephen K Amos himself is a deeply unfunny person.

Good afternoon everybody.

I have not posted in this forum for nearly two years now, but the lameness of The Stephen K Amos show has really rattled my cage, and I need somewhere to come and air my grievances because I have no one else to talk to regarding this pressing issue.

That was the most embarrassingly bad comedy show I've seen on the BBC for quite a while. Previously, all the shockingly shit comedy programmes were kept within the compounds of BBC Three (a channel designed for A-Level students who weren't around at the time of high quality TV and having nothing to compare this current tosh to). But now they've infiltrated BBC Two. This is very worrying.

I used to think that Russell Howard was the most useless and unfunny "comedian" doing the BBC rounds, but now I'm beginning to have my doubts. I think we have a new leader.

Someone needs to tell Stephen K Amos that we're not living in 1976 anymore. No one gives a shit that you're black, no one gives a shit that you're gay. The days of 'Love Thy Neighbour' and 'Mind Your Language' are long gone and the whole "I'm victimised because I'm black" routine is outdated, irrelevant and not funny.

EMS Rating: 0 out of 10.

EMS! :O :D

So, the BBC has Stephen K Amos, but does Stephen K Amos have a BBC?

Quote: martin jones @ January 2 2011, 8:50 PM GMT

:|

Quote: martin jones @ January 2 2011, 8:50 PM GMT

What the f***?!! Laughing out loud

(BBC = Big Black Cock, perchance...? Errr...

Racist!! Angry)

I think Martin Jones should be banned.