Longest running British sitcoms (no. of episodes)

I've tried to search the internet with this question, but had no luck.

The best thing I could find was this http://www.zetaminor.com/roobarb/archive/index.php/t-33552.html

I'm led to believe Last Of The Summer Wine is #1 with the most amount of episodes by a long way, but what about the rest? A top 10 or 20 list would be brilliant.

Is there any chance someone on this forum has an up to date comprehensive list of the longest running British sitcoms (in terms of no. of episodes)?

Thank you.

;)

At the time of writing, we believe the following to be accurate:

Last Of The Summer Wine - 295
ChuckleVision - 293
The Army Game - 154
Bodger And Badger - 126
Mike & Angelo - 123
The Dickie Henderson Show - 116
My Family - 110
My Parents Are Aliens - 106
Bootsie And Snudge - 104
Birds Of A Feather - 102
The Upper Hand - 95
The Liver Birds - 86
'Allo 'Allo! - 85
Dad's Army - 80
Hugh And I - 79
The Basil Brush Show - 78
The Goodies - 77
Bread - 74
On The Buses - 74
Two Pints Of Lager And A Packet Of Crisps - 74

So, as you can see, Last Of The Summer Wine is indeed currently the longest-running British (TV) sitcom by number of episodes produced, but will be overtaken very shortly.

Thankyou for that Aaron, much appreciated.

Just out of interest, are any of the sitcoms listed above, are many of them in anyone's "all time top 10 lists" as such? (in terms of quality/your favourites) etc.

It seems like less is more as far as I'm concerned, because quite frankly, none of the sitcoms listed would be in my personal top 20 list, never mind top 10.

Yes, there are at least half a dozen shows in that list that I am familiar with and love. Another few I'm not so aware of but enjoy what I have seen of them.

Terry and June?

Doesn't make the list above, with 65.

ChuckleVision?!? The Basil Brush Show! Bodger And Badger!!!

Hang on, are these all strictly sitcoms?

Surely The Goodies was more of a sketch show or is my memory fading?

I've never seen The Goodies described as a sketch show.

As for the others, just because they were produced for children doesn't make them any less sitcom!