Banging the pudding basin with a spoon

Does anyone know who the 1960s comedy act was who performed a comedy act dressed as a baby with the catch phrase 'banging the pudding basin with a spoon', it may have been 'bang with the boon on the budding badin'. It was possibly performed on the royal variety or the good old days. The family are driving me nuts trying to work out who it was, please help me!

My vote goes to Freddie Sales.

'Bang! .. with the 'poon.'

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-4690273.html

That must win you the 2010 'Memory' award!

I remember my dad in tears watching this guy on the good old days. He talked about it for days. I'll have to check out you tube, and remind my mum.

Quote: Phil Dent @ April 23 2013, 10:35 PM BST

I remember my dad in tears watching this guy on the good old days. He talked about it for days. I'll have to check out you tube, and remind my mum.

You'll be lucky, I say. you'll be lucky.

Quote: Veronica Vestibule @ December 27 2010, 1:24 AM GMT

That must win you the 2010 'Memory' award!

No, he was in Roy Hudd's variety book for one...

I know when the 'Bang with a Poon' sketch was. It was on The Good Old Days on 26th December 1968. But how can I watch it?

Yes, I remember it. It was performed by Terry Scott.

Are you sure? I thought it was Freddie Sales who went bang with a poon.

Good Old Days on the 26/12/68 only had Freddie Sales in. No Terry Scott.

A Boxing Day edition of Old-Time Music-Hall from the stage of the Famous City Varieties Theatre, Leeds
By arrangement with Stanley and Michael Joseph presenting
Billy Dainty (assisted by Len Lowe), Kim Cordell, Johnny Hackett, Freddie Sales, Joe Castor, Les Spectacles D'Animation, Jack Alban, The Taylor Twins
Chairman, Leonard Sachs
Billy Dainty is appearing in 'Aladdin' at the Empire Theatre, Liverpool; Johnny Hackett in 'The World of Jamie' at the King's Theatre, Glasgow; Freddie Sales in 'Cinderella' at the Birmingham Theatre; Kim Cordell in 'Cinderella' at the Gaumont Theatre, Southampton

The comedian was Charlie Drake whose catch phrase was, 'wid a poon' (a babies version of 'with a spoon')