Doctor Who... Page 607

The trailer for the series did look rather exciting.

Amy Pond, Police outfit. I enjoyed.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ December 25 2010, 7:05 PM GMT

Best Christmas episode evar.

Seriously?

Well I'm glad a few people enjoyed it.

It was really very good, and by far the best Christmas special since the first one. Rather heart warming and emotional.

I started watching, but decided to go and scrub bread sauce out of a Tupperware container after 10 minutes.

Maybe there will be more running around and monsters in the next one.

Quote: zooo @ December 25 2010, 6:14 PM GMT

As usual, I can't hear half the dialogue due to overloud background noise and music. Grr.

As usual, I heard every word clear as a bell! :D

Did anyone else notice that, in the next series trailer, we saw the 'home made' Tardis from the Lodger episode last series? The one a lot of people thought might prove important to the finale, but then never featured? Because it was in there, so maybe it has something to do with the bigger story after all.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 25 2010, 7:23 PM GMT

As usual, I heard every word clear as a bell! :D

You and your bloody ears!

Quote: Ben @ December 25 2010, 7:14 PM GMT

I started watching, but decided to go and scrub bread sauce out of a Tupperware container after 10 minutes.

A more damning review hasn't been written.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 25 2010, 7:23 PM GMT

Did anyone else notice that, in the next series trailer, we saw the 'home made' Tardis from the Lodger episode last series? The one a lot of people thought might prove important to the finale, but then never featured? Because it was in there, so maybe it has something to do with the bigger story after all.

She also sang about the Silence. So looks likethat's the next series arc.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 25 2010, 7:13 PM GMT

It was really very good, and by far the best Christmas special since the first one. Rather heart warming and emotional.

Agreed. Really liked it. Impressive CGI too. (If they've had a budget cut it didn't look like it.)

I thought it was good, have to say I agree with everything Stotty said.
Only two critisms I could make
1. I wish they hadn't made the girl a trained opera singer, made me cringe. If she really had to do the singing thing then they should've at least made her sound like a normal.
2. The snowman at the end looked proper shit. Really quite nice CGI throughout the episode and then that effort. If the modeller's brief was to create something fake and shit and truly unlifelike then I take my hat off to him he's a genius.

Minor quibbles though. As Stott said, was quite touching at times and I think they did a great job of building round the Christmas Carol theme.

Quote: zooo @ December 25 2010, 7:06 PM GMT

Seriously?

Well I'm glad a few people enjoyed it.

:O
Surprised a bit.
Is that the first episode of Who you haven't liked zoooz??
I can't remember you not liking an episode (but am probably wrong).

Moooooooooooooonie!

I haven't been that enamoured of it since the newest Doctor came along. I still enjoy it but it's not essential viewing anymore. :(

I found this a pretty dull Christmas episode. But the Tennant Kylie one wasn't all that good either. So it's not the first Christmas one I haven't loved.

Quote: zooo @ December 26 2010, 12:18 PM GMT

I found this a pretty dull Christmas episode.

Maybe there'll be a shit giant Cyberman walking through the next one again. Or everyone in the world turning into John Simm in one of the worst cliffhangers ever. Whistling nnocently

I've never said I like Cybermen! Or Daleks.

But Tennant's first Christmas episode is how it's done. Not dreary dullness that seems to drag on for two hours. :)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 26 2010, 2:26 PM GMT

Maybe there'll be a shit giant Cyberman walking through the next one again. Or everyone in the world turning into John Simm in one of the worst cliffhangers ever. Whistling nnocently

Or maybe they'll just have, I don't know, a decent script? Whistling nnocently