Never Mind The Horrocks

Couldn't find a thread for this so I thought I make one. It was a 1996 one-off TV special on Channel 4 starring Jane Horrocks (Absolutely Fabulous) in about 50 minutes of sketches and parodies. It was only a one-off, though I personaly think it should have been picked up for a series, mainly for the following two reasons:

The first being that it had a good cast of performers, which consisted of Horrocks herself, and her co-stars Martin Clunes (Men Behaving Badly, Harry Enfield And Chums, Doc Martin), Rebecca Front (The Day Today, Nighty Night), Mel Giedroyc (Blessed), David Haig (Thin Blue Line), Philip Pope (KYTV, Who Dares Wins, Chelmsford 123) and Alexander Armstrong (The Armstrong & Miller Show). Also, one sketch featured Angela Rippon as herself.

And the second reason is that it had good writting from Ian Brown (After You've Gone), Mark Burton & John O'Farrell (Alas Smith and Jones, Spitting Image), Andy Hamilton (Not the Nine O'Clock News, Drop The Dead Donkey, Outnumbered), Graham Linehan & Arthur Mathews (The All New Alexei Sayle Show, Father Ted, Big Train), Georgina Pritchett (Smack The Pony), Steve Punt (Canned Carrot, The Mary Whitehouse Experience, The Now Show) and Pete Sinclair (Carrot Confidential, 2DTV).

If you have seen this programe, feel free to discuss it here. If you haven't seen it, watch it on either YouTube or 4oD, and then come back here to discuss it.

Information on actors and writers used in this thread was curtoisy of imdb.

I didn't like it because I've never really warmed to Horrocks. She works well in a supporting role but not to carry a whole show. I'd put this alongside the Emma Thompson show as an interesting curio.

Quote: chipolata @ December 11 2010, 12:51 AM GMT

I didn't like it because I've never really warmed to Horrocks. She works well in a supporting role but not to carry a whole show. I'd put this alongside the Emma Thompson show as an interesting curio.

Together with Ulrika (Johnson's) terrible, terrible series?

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 12 2010, 12:47 AM GMT

Together with Ulrika (Johnson's) terrible, terrible series?

Why would you bring that up, Tim? Why? :(

Quote: His Own Devices @ November 27 2010, 2:30 PM GMT

it had good writting

Laughing out loud That is certainly important.

Quote: His Own Devices @ November 27 2010, 2:30 PM GMT

Couldn't find a thread for this

:O

I really like her, very talented, perhaps a 'northern' Miranda type comediane, good actress not so good at comedy?..