Jerry Seinfeld announces first UK gig since 1998 Page 2

Quote: youngian @ December 17 2010, 11:24 AM GMT

Yes fair point, it was only an illustrative point to highlight his lack of acting polish, he backtracked.

Would that be the Kosher Nostra?

Laughing out loud

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 17 2010, 2:46 PM GMT

I've always thought he was very good in Seinfeld; sure he's no great actor, but I enjoy his performance; he's the low key calm at the centre of the storm. He's certainly not even close to embarrassing.

'Low key calm' he's very good at. But there's moments in the odd episode, where he's trying to show more emotion than usual: upset, scared, happy..etc. and it's those moments where he fails miserably. He always has an embarrassed smirk on his face because he knows he can't do it. :$
Again...no big deal. It's just noticeable and stands out because the other characters are so well acted.

To say that Jerry is not a good actor is similar to saying he's not a good dancer or a good chess-player.

It might be true but what does it matter?

We don't tune in to admire his acting.

Quote: Eat My Shirts @ December 17 2010, 2:06 AM GMT

http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/2010/dec/16/jerry-seinfeld-uk-gig

What do you mean he's doing a UK gig? I can't believe this is happening! Did I miss a meeting...? :O

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I'd have loved to have gone but I won't be spending £70-£100 on a ticket. You could get ringside Cirque de Soleil tickets for less, and those guys have trapezes and eat fire.