Jerry Seinfeld announces first UK gig since 1998

http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/2010/dec/16/jerry-seinfeld-uk-gig

:D

Between £70 and £100 a ticket though. >_< Angry

Quote: Eat My Shirts @ December 17 2010, 2:06 AM GMT

Between £70 and £100 a ticket

So, around £1.7 million for a hours or two's work? Lovely Jubbly!

I saw him on the Jonathan Ross show where he appeared rather contemptuous of fans who pass him in the street and ask jovially "Where's Kramer?" or "How's George?"

He seemed surprised that anyone would enquire about the whereabouts or well-being of a fictional character.

If he really feels that way, he's an idiot.

If he doesn't, he's a bit of a twat for insulting the mental faculties of the fans who've made him richer than God.

Who is his Jerry Seinfield chap, is he an American? I know not of him. :|

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ December 17 2010, 8:12 AM GMT

Who is his Jerry Seinfield chap, is he an American? I know not of him. :|

You've never heard of Seinfeld? I suppose he was just the star of one of the biggest and most critically acclaimed sitcoms of all time.

Oh! :O In which country was that please?

I always enjoyed Seinfeld despite Jerry Seinfeld and still not sure if the fact that he can't act well, didn't know which camera to look in half the time and is a mediocre stand-up was all part of the joke.

Quote: youngian @ December 17 2010, 9:07 AM GMT

didn't know which camera to look in half the time

Well he didn't, and shouldn't have been, looking in any camera.

I suspect YoungIan is a Miranda fan.

Ah I've just googlied him, yes that's not at all surprising - said he is part of the American/New York Jewish comedy mafia which pretty much runs like an all powerful cartel, is very exclusive and superior, full of self importance, and their comedy tends toward the familial, domesticated, self aggrandising kind, with over plotted, over written, over cerebral scripts attemping to convince viewers of their true eminence in comedy, when in fact careful analysis in a laboratory showed the scripts to be contrived and full of artifice and the shows to have a general over riding air of smugness about them. :O Oh dear, doesn't speak well of him, does it. Glad I haven't watched him then. :)

Quote: Veronica Vestibule @ December 17 2010, 7:34 AM GMT

So, around £1.7 million for a hours or two's work? Lovely Jubbly!

Jerry Seinfeld for the past year or two has been appearing in a series of dreadfully bland advertisements for a dodgy looking Australian bank or building society. I can't remember the name of it, except that it looks really bad because of the tacky ads. Gargantuan sums of money must have been involved - and wasted.

I don't why he does it.

He turned down $100 million for a 10th series of 'Seinfeld'.

He obviously doesn't need the money.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 17 2010, 9:21 AM GMT

Well he didn't, and shouldn't have been, looking in any camera.

Yes fair point, it was only an illustrative point to highlight his lack of acting polish, he backtracked.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ December 17 2010, 9:32 AM GMT

Ah I've just googlied him, yes that's not at all surprising - said he is part of the American/New York Jewish comedy mafia

Would that be the Kosher Nostra?

I can't remember the name of the episode (It's the "These pretzels are making me thirsty!") one. There's a scene where they're all saying the line that Kramer is going to be saying in the Woody Allen film. After Jerry's turn, Kramer responds with something like: "No, no, that's no good. You dunno how to act!". :D

So yea, I guess it was pretty well acknowledged that Jerry Seinfeld can't act. His lack of acting skills is embarrassing to watch at times.....but it doesn't bother me THAT much.

Quote: Eat My Shirts @ December 17 2010, 2:42 PM GMT

His lack of acting skills is embarrassing to watch at times.....but it doesn't bother me THAT much.

I've always thought he was very good in Seinfeld; sure he's no great actor, but I enjoy his performance; he's the low key calm at the centre of the storm. He's certainly not even close to embarrassing.

Quote: Eat My Shirts @ December 17 2010, 2:42 PM GMT

I can't remember the name of the episode

It's "The Alternate Side" (Episode 11 of Series 3).

Unlike Kramer, however, 'Elaine' DID get to speak a single line in a Woody Allen film.

In 'Hannah and her Sisters', she says "Mickey, we have half an hour until airtime".