The British Comedy Awards 2010 Page 2

And buying into French film channels, apparently.

It's a real shame that they didn't take the opportunity to get a fresh face in to present the ceremony.

Well they did have Angus Deayton a few years back.

And a pity that they couldn't find a way to bring him back again.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ December 12 2010, 12:43 PM GMT

It will be broadcast next January on Channel 4. I think the Comedy.co.uk Awards will occur before the British Comedy Awards.

No doubt the bookies' eyes will be on the BCG Awards, in order to see who's favourite for the British Comedy Awards - much in the same way as the Golden Globes give a foretaste of likely Oscar winners.

*stifles laughters*

:D

Quote: Ian Wolf @ December 14 2010, 2:33 PM GMT

Laughing out loud

Quote: Ian Wolf @ December 14 2010, 2:33 PM GMT

Angus didn't do a great job presenting the awards a few years back. The only part I liked was when he stuck up for Jonathan Ross at the start. To be fair to Angus, I think he was told to ask each presenter of an award what they were up to at the moment, but it really slowed the show down and sapped it's energy. The audience watching on TV and the audience present at the venue don't give a shit what these people are doing.

I think it was Tamzin Outhwaite who, when asked what she was working on by Deayton, said 'nobody really cares, shall I just present the award?'. I respected her for that.

Quote: Lord Meldrum @ December 16 2010, 1:11 PM GMT

Angus didn't do a great job presenting the awards a few years back.

He was in a difficult spot, but it wasn't great was it.

I love the opening speech by Jonathan Ross - always some great gags in that. Last year's was a bit tame (ITV scared into compliance rules), but Channel 4 are promising to go back to the slightly edgy style that used to make the awards un-missable. It will be going out completely live so if anyone says anything naughty it'll be too late. After sticking with Frankie Boyle's new show, I guess they're not too worried about offending people though.

Very glad that it's on C4. ITV had slowly strangled the show over the last few years, until it was basically moribund. I do hope C4 give the show a decent running time and loosen the booze rules etc. The best BCA shows were the ones that ran live for 3 hours and allowed comedians to make drunken twats of themselves.

*realises this isn't the BCG Comedy Awards 2010 thread*

*leaves*

The British Comedy Awards website has started updating as you can see here. However, what is most interesting is the page on the jury, especially the name third from bottom.

Ooooooooooooh.

I'm not sure we're good enough to speak to him now.

Oooh and there is a link to BCG on the front page of the BCA website.

The BCG also hopes to work further with the organisers in future. There should be some very interesting things happening in 2011. :)