The Morgana Show Page 6

I rather liked this week's, and Gilbert is brilliant.

I watched both episodes and have to say I haven't laughed out loud at a TV comedy show for years. Her Gilbert is fantastic and the video clips interspersed with old TV shows is genius. Her Hollywood 'lush' sketch went on far too long but we can forgive her for that. Her male co-star, I'm assuming it's the same guy?, is very funny too and look forward to next week's show.

Quote: Phil64 @ December 8 2010, 2:38 PM GMT

I... have to say I haven't laughed out loud at a TV comedy show for years.

It's a tough job being the continuity announcer at BBC Three, but somebody's got to do it.

The Gilbert sketch was very, very funny. Funny all the way through.

I laughed quite a lot at the Boris Johnson one, but I couldn't figure out why he was a schoolboy. Is it some dig at him having the intellect of a schoolboy?

The rest of the show confused me a bit. I wasn't sure if she was portraying famous people i.e. the Hollywood one, so that kind of ruined it for me.

Quote: Ben @ December 9 2010, 1:08 AM GMT

I laughed quite a lot at the Boris Johnson one, but I couldn't figure out why he was a schoolboy. Is it some dig at him having the intellect of a schoolboy?

I think that she thinks she can do a good Boris Johnson impression, but doesn't feel she wants to be drawn too heavily into satire or political comedy so they've put him inone of the least politicised settings they could.

I wouldn't know if her Fearne Cotton was any good anyway. What does she do?

TV presenter and Radio One DJ.

I watched the Gilbert bits again, brilliant.

Gilbert is great. Better in this format than when he was interviewing celebrities on the TNT Show (although those interviews still made me giggle a bit, seeing the celebrities unsure how to deal with the situation).

I love Gilbert. The rest are nowhere near as good, but it's watchable.

Gilbert's dance was fantastic.

I'm thinking the guy that is in the news report sketches (don't know his name) would be perfect for a Penn Jillette impression.

I hadn't realised the older American lady character was Marilyn Monroe and her then husband Norman Mailer. The internet told me. Not sure how accurate it is, or whether it's already been mentioned.

I love Gilbert soo much.

Quote: jhmagic1 @ December 14 2010, 11:05 PM GMT

I'm thinking the guy that is in the news report sketches (don't know his name) would be perfect for a Penn Jillette impression.

Yes.

Probably. The internet is full of lies.

I'm not convinced it's that wrong.

Pft, don't try to confuse me with FACTS. I like to believe the first thing I read and then not have to think about the glaring flaws.

I wonder if Morgana's real-life boyfriend has her dress up as Gilbert for bedroom frolics?

The horror!

:O