The British Comedy Awards 2010

News is coming through about some of the nominations for this year's comedy awards. QI question wranger Justin Pollard has mentioned on Twitter that: "QI has three nominations for the British Comedy Awards - best Comedy Panel show, and individual noms for Jo Brand and Sandi Toksvig."

I don't know about any of the other nominations.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ December 11 2010, 11:41 AM GMT

News is coming through about some of the nominations for this year's comedy awards. QI question wranger Justin Pollard has mentioned on Twitter that: "QI has three nominations for the British Comedy Awards - best Comedy Panel show, and individual noms for Jo Brand and Sandi Toksvig."

I don't know about any of the other nominations.

Seems a bit sexist to me.

I wonder how they'll do in the BCG awards?

When's it on? Must be soon.

Quote: chipolata @ December 12 2010, 12:34 PM GMT

When's it on? Must be soon.

It will be broadcast next January on Channel 4. I think the Comedy.co.uk Awards will occur before the British Comedy Awards.

January? Wonder why so late, I thought it was usually before Xmas.

Quote: chipolata @ December 12 2010, 12:46 PM GMT

January? Wonder why so late, I thought it was usually before Xmas.

I think it is to do with the fact the awards have now jumped channels.

Jo Brand and Sandi Toksvig

Seems a bit sexist to me.

Seems pretty balanced to me :)

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ December 12 2010, 1:50 PM GMT

Nice :)

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ December 12 2010, 1:50 PM GMT

Not if you put them on opposite sides of a see-saw.

The British Comedy Awards were traditionally in December so they could follow The X Factor or whatever big show ITV had that year. Now they're moving to Channel 4 broadcasting them in December and clashing with Strictly, X Factor etc doesn't make sense... so they'll be on C4 on 22nd January now where they can stand out.

There's a few changes afoot, with Channel 4 promising to really support the show (unlike ITV who gave us that woeful after show thing). I imagine all will be revealed when the shortlists are announced, but we already know there will be support shows, including a chat show hosted by Bill Bailey.

As for our own Comedy.co.uk Awards - voting opens on the 1st, and the results will be announced a couple of weeks later, so there won't be any overlap.

So does anyone on this site get any invites? I would've thought so as you really do give the British comedy scene a great platform.

Is J. Ross hosting again this year? Only I notice he's suddenly started popping up on promos for various Channel 4 shows, like the one about toys.

Quote: Chappers @ December 13 2010, 2:11 PM GMT

I would've thought so as you really do give the British comedy scene a great platform.

Take it outside, Lord Brown Noser!

Quote: chipolata @ December 14 2010, 10:13 AM GMT

Take it outside, Lord Brown Noser!

Laughing out loud

Quote: Chappers @ December 13 2010, 2:11 PM GMT

You really do give the British comedy scene a great platform.

Too kind :$

Quote: chipolata @ December 14 2010, 10:13 AM GMT

Is J. Ross hosting again this year?

Yes he is indeed. He's signed to do an ITV chat show next year (which I guess is either going to be amazing or terrible), but in the meantime he's doing some freelance presenting, including that toys programme, and the Comedy Awards. He'll also be doing some panel show stuff, like appearing on The Big Fat Quiz Of The Year just after Christmas.