Weird sitcom characters Page 2

Super Hans in Peep Show?

Hislop in Porridge. For those not sure who he was, he appears mainly in the first series. Normally seen wearing a blue cap.

Keaton from The Persuasionists, I'm sure he wasb based on Kramer. Similar name and hairstyle..

Tom in Father Ted.

Bob Fossil in The Mighty Boosh.

Don't know if they count as weird but Howard and Hilda were, well, odd.

Rose in Two And A Half Men.

Dwight in The Office (US).

Matt in Game On.

Quote: Oldrocker @ December 1 2010, 12:13 AM GMT

Don't know if they count as weird but Howard and Hilda were . well, odd.

Yeah they were odd, like most of, for example, the Fall and Rise Of Reginald Perrin characters wouldnt call them weird though

Quote: peter gazzard @ November 6 2010, 8:49 PM GMT

They seem to be mainly American for some reason (Kramer, Christopher Lloyd's character Reverend Jim in Taxi, or Heckles in Friends), wonder why this is?
Nearest UK equivalent I've been told about was Tyler in My Hero, although I've never actually seen that.

I don't recall Taxi well enough and have evidently not got far enough with Friends yet to see 'Heckles', but Tyler was nothing like Kramer. Rather, he was a hippy, and had been turned somewhat paranoid and ... well, insane in many respects, through numerous alien abductions. Kramer, on the other hand, was just a plain old odd-ball, outgoing eccentric.

Cat in Red Dwarf, Queenie in Blackadder, Alice in Vicar of Dibley, various barmen in Men Behaving Badly, Bubble in Absolutely Fabulous, Gus in Drop the Dead Donkey, Nick in My Family, Anita in Dinnerladies, Jane in Coupling.

And that's without counting any series where the main character or pair of characters is 'weird' like Keeping Up Appearances, Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em, The Young Ones, Gimme Gimme Gimme etc.

Quote: Aaron @ December 9 2010, 3:15 PM GMT

I don't recall Taxi well enough and have evidently not got far enough with Friends yet to see 'Heckles', but Tyler was nothing like Kramer. Rather, he was a hippy, and had been turned somewhat paranoid and ... well, insane in many respects, through numerous alien abductions. Kramer, on the other hand, was just a plain old odd-ball, outgoing eccentric.

Well I did say I'd never seen My Hero :)

Indeed, and that's why I corrected the presumption you'd been given. :)

Quote: Aaron @ December 9 2010, 3:15 PM GMT

I don't recall Taxi well enough

Rev Jim was, well, spaced out would begin to describe it !

Quote: AndreaLynne @ November 6 2010, 8:51 PM GMT

Does Richmond on IT Crowd count?

I definitely think so

Quote: Oldrocker @ December 12 2010, 12:18 AM GMT

Rev Jim was, well, spaced out would begin to describe it !

A great character he was, I used to watch mainly for him but also for the hilarously odd Latka? I'm rubbish with names. Taxi was full of great characters.