The Morgana Show Page 4

The Boris sketch was way too long, but I thought it was quite funny.

Quote: zooo @ December 2 2010, 11:11 AM GMT

The Boris sketch was way too long, but I thought it was quite funny.

Yes - where have all the editors gone?
Both this and the Frankie Boyle thing could have done with someone willing to wield the scissors.

Defo.

The Fearne impression is on a par with Debra Stephenson's Davina.

But is that a good or bad thing...?

Quote: jhmagic1 @ December 2 2010, 12:01 PM GMT

The Fearne impression is on a par with Debra Stephenson's Davina.

...which is good

Ah good. :) I agree.

I've not watched the first episode at all but judging by the reviews here it sounds like it makes 'Tittybangbang' look like Monty Python/The Fast Show/Big Train.

Another thing - that sketch I saw bit of in the trailer involving a family of rednecks looked like it was more-or-less stolen directly from that phobia sketch from 'The Sketch Show'. (starring Lee Mack and Tim Vine) and also the Bob Fleming/ARSE! sketches.

Is this meant to be funny?

Over long, unoriginal and not very good acting

Russ Abbott would be ashamed of this

You're at least wrong on the acting, Soots. That's one thing she does extremely well.

Really? Was it the by the numbers Boris Johnson or the Cheryl that was so poor it actually make me like the real racist fag hag a little?

Or the shouty guy with glasses?

When will people wise up and give The Chuckle Brothers a proper sketch show?

She is a great performer, that's pretty darn obvious, regardless of what you think of her material.

(can I add this isn't a dig at women in comedy in general, up the women!)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 2 2010, 9:09 PM GMT

She is a great performer, that's pretty darn obvious, regardless of what you think of her material.

How about, the material was so poor that even a talented actor could make it look good?

Quote: sootyj @ December 2 2010, 9:10 PM GMT

(How about, the material was so poor that even a talented actor could make it look good?

Eh?

eh?

But sorry the performances were reminesent of a mediocre Edinburgh sketch show. I didn't enjoy them, they were poor and annoying.