The Morgana Show Page 2

Another clip to "enjoy"

I saw a poster for this, it was a woman snogging a donkey, so I doubt I'll be watching this. I wonder which demographic they are trying to appeal to?

Quote: Timbo @ November 18 2010, 12:57 PM GMT

The film crew were also pretending to be retarded. I recall one of the writers commenting that the only reason that this had not caused an outrage was that no-one was actually watching.

I think that is about to change when this goes on air. I can't imagine the mental disabilities charities like MENCAP or the Downs Syndrome Society not making a complaint to Ofcom. I certainly hope there is a big backlash against this. How can British comedy have fallen to the extent that this passes as "comedy"? Imagine the uproar if someone had tried to make a comedy like this just after "Rainman" portrayal by Dustin Hoffman of an autistic man?
Also Timbo, though I've just joined the forum I wouldn't use the word "retarded" in front of anyone connected with mental health, you probably meant no offence but families don't tend to react well to that label.

Quote: Gwendolyn Matthias @ November 18 2010, 11:49 PM GMT

"these trailers ree-ee-ee-ally bother me. Does anyone else feel like they are laughing at people with mental health issues,

Hey Gwendolyne, I don't think you are taking things too seriously at all, I don't think there is any level of "too serious" you can approach this and try and make laughing at people with mental disabilities funny.

I think people should wait untill they actually see sketches featurung this boy character before damning Morgana and the show. Unless you already have, of course.

This show has had the worst reviews before anybody's actually seen it ever.
That said, it really does look shit.

Quote: chipolata @ November 28 2010, 11:34 AM GMT

This show has had the worst reviews before anybody's actually seen it ever.

I'd say the comments about Horne And Corden pre-broadcast were on a par!

Regarding the 'retarded' boy character, I noticed this clip on YouTube, which doesn't suggest he's anything more than a weird young boy wearing glasses that make him look a bit backwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voCE_LjG3zE&feature=related

I think the character is probably meant to be a bit on the 'slow' side, but from his appearances on TNT Show I'm pretty sure you're meant to be amused be everyone else's reactions to him, rather than laughing at him because he's "not normal".

Christ!
Apart from a passable Fearne impression that was about as bad as could be expected.
And hot on the heels of the Frankie Boyle debacle.
Not a vintage night for C4

I just find this show a bit cruel and heartless - I mean, what evil sod fooled let this poor deluded woman into believing that she had a talent for comedy?

I liked some of it. Her Fearne Cotton was perfect.

I am 100% with you, Zooo.

Quote: Timbo @ November 30 2010, 11:14 PM GMT

I just find this show a bit cruel and heartless - I mean, what evil sod fooled let this poor deluded woman into believing that she had a talent for comedy?

Laughing out loud

Just watched on 4od. I wasn't expecting much due to the trailers, but that was a good thing because it made me enjoy it more. Okay, it wasn't brilliant, but there was a couple of sketches which stood out. The Fearne Cotton impression was the best part.

Only saw the first half so far, but I rather liked it; she has obvious ability as a performer.