Best one-off characters? Page 2

Quote: chipolata @ November 30, 2007, 9:55 AM

Frank Grimes from The Simpsons - although he preferred to be called Grimey. I'm hoping they didn't find a way to bring him back in later series, because I stopped watching The Simpsons about five years ago.

They didn't bring back Grimey, but his son was in an episode looking to avenge his father.

Got to add Milkey Joe

Darryl the racist in Peep Show

Quote: Ginger Jesus @ November 30, 2007, 12:37 PM

Got to add Milkey Joe

Darryl the racist in Peep Show

:)

There should be a series entitled Opening the Doors of Kukundu and a series based on the 'last taboo' guy that Jeremy became in Peep Show

Dan

Hank Scorpio in the Simpsons.

Or maybe the elusive shh-ah-dow from OFAH.

Quote: Badge @ November 30, 2007, 1:22 AM

Simon the IT support guy in The Office, played by Matthew Holness.

That's reminded me of another great one; Lyndon Jones, IT Support guy in Green Wing. Although he did appear in two or three eps, admittedly.

Quote: zooo @ November 30, 2007, 12:30 PM

I liked the character Stephen Merchant played in Green Wing.

Don't remember that one. Who was he?

Quote: ShoePie @ November 30, 2007, 12:58 PM

They seek 'im 'ere, they seem 'im there... Laughing out loud

Quote: ShoePie @ November 30, 2007, 12:58 PM

Hank Scorpio in the Simpsons.

I would love to have sen the Shh-ah-dow in a few more OFAH, he would have been hilarious!

Quote: Aaron @ November 30, 2007, 2:10 PM

Don't remember that one. Who was he?

Merchant worked at the hospital. Clore took her urine sample to him to get a pregnancy test, and they had a little argument.

Ohhhhhhhhh yes. I remember. :)

Tom Baker playing Captain Rum in Blackadder II ("You have a woman's hands!" etc). Very funny, and a reminder what a great comic actor Tom Baker is.

The Fr. Stone character in Fr. Ted came to mind but was immediately trumped by Fr. Stones father who appears in the hospital scene.
"Wouldn't it be better if God had taken him?...are you coming for a drink Father?" Perfect characterisation imo.

Welcome Noelie. :)

Quote: chipolata @ December 5, 2007, 10:16 AM

Tom Baker playing Captain Rum in Blackadder II ("You have a woman's hands!" etc). Very funny, and a reminder what a great comic actor Tom Baker is.

Oh yeah!!
He scared me but he was great.

Although he's popped up a few times this series, I love Dr Spacemen from 30 Rock, the most terrifyingly negligent doctor you're ever likely to come across.

Quote: chipolata @ February 11, 2008, 1:48 PM

Although he's popped up a few times this series, I love Dr Spacemen from 30 Rock, the most terrifyingly negligent doctor you're ever likely to come across.

What? More than Dr Nick Riviera from 'I Can't Believe It's a Medical Practice' in Springfield?!?!

[apologises to Aaron for use of more than a single punctuation mark]

Dan

Hiiiiiii everybody!

I'm tempted to say Ace Rimmer but that wouldn't quite fit the spirit of the thread...

Ok, I'll go for Simon Pegg's appearance as the evil yuppy manager of Goliath Books in one episode of Black Books.