Best Chewin' The Fat sketch

My most favourite has to be the lonely shopkeeper, who can never seem to find a friend to share her individual fruit trifles with.

Does anyone agree?

John, this isn't a sitcom. Please do be careful where you post.

Thread moved.

Not sure if it was the best, as I only watched a couple of compilation episodes, but they did a Funny Aberdonian Star trek sketch.

Ronald Villiers ... Widicome & Pump (spelling?)

then maybe The Painters?? .. of course, some of the early Jack & Victor sketches were BRILL!!!!! (with Boabby playing the early Winston)

Can't remember if it was also in the TV version, but I remember a radio sketch where Greg was a newsreader talking about a court case that proved once and for all that men cannot possibly wait 3 minutes for microwave chips to cook.

I would say my favourite sketch was the one entitled 'The Big Man's Claim Service'. He was one of my favourite characters.

The one with a down-on-his-luck James Bond hovering at the shoulder of someone playing a fruit machine and offering "helpful" advice.

It has has to be Big man taking your calls and sorting out any of your beefs you may have!

I liked the character who'd be doing something fiddly and then suddenly lose his temper and go completely mental. And my favourite of those sketches was where he was a surgeon doing an operation, and he loses it and starts throwing entrails and surgical instruments everywhere. Very funny.

Incidentally, I got all the series of Chewing the Fat for HMV for £6. Quite a bargain, although it never quite got the recognition it deserved in England.

I seem to remember a character called Mrs Olfactory who used to say "Ah can definitely smell shite". Was that Chewin' The Fat?

Hah - found her http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoZ7JXkv6_o&feature=related